Search results

1. C

temperature of the Broadcom 10Gb LAN controller (BCM57416) on Supermicro motherboards

Thanks again! I found the datasheet you are referring to. I hope your interpretation is correct. On the page I specified earlier, where they specify "maximum operating temperature" of 55C, they have an explanation that this is "the maximum operating temperature allowed as reported by temperature...
  2. C

temperature of the Broadcom 10Gb LAN controller (BCM57416) on Supermicro motherboards

Thanks for the reply. I could not find temperature specs for this chip on the Broadcom website. However, for the Intel X550 controller Intel specifies a maximum operating temperature of 55C (Intel® Ethernet Controller X550-AT Product Specifications). Note that this chip is quite old (2016). We...
  3. C

I am looking for information from people with systems with Supermicro motherboards with a Broadcom 10Gb NIC controller chip (BCM57416). Specifically, I would like to find out the NIC temperature IPMI reports on your board (for example, running "ipmitool sensor" or the IPMICFG tool "IPMICFG...