Search results

1. N

Anyone successfully using a Micron 9400 Pro U.3 ssd?

It's too bad people are having issues with Micron drives. They are one of the few that offer public easy to access firmware updates. Speaking of firmware if you can get these to show up in windows or in another machine maybe you can try updating the firmware?
  2. N

Dell Poweredge R240 - Barebones w/ Xeon E-2124 - $180

Did you use any tools to repin?
  3. N

You can only use SATA drives with the onboard controller.
  4. N

It looks like the SFF-8087 plugs into the front corner near the RAM?
  5. N

With 4x 16GB RAM, 1x SATA SSD mine is idling around 38W in Debian. Might be able to shave some power off if I get rid of the H330 and run off the onboard SATA. Not sure what cabling looks like for the SATA controller configuration, some of the random cables on eBay don't seem to make sense...
  6. N

Can you use i5-8500 in these? Does igpu transcoding work if you processor has igpu?
  7. N

HP vs Mellanox Firmware

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. For now I am trying to stick to Mellanox DACs so hopefully I won't have issues.
  8. N

HP vs Mellanox Firmware

Just got some HP 544+QSFP NICs ( AKA 764736-001 764284-B21 ). Is there a reason to not stick with the standard HP firmware on these? It appears as up to date as the official Mellanox firmware. Any issues I might be missing?
  9. N

Celestica Seastone DX010 32Port 100G QSFP28 $250

What is the power usage on these?
  10. N

Server motherboard fan control docker container.

If anyone is interested I just released a major update to my docker based fan controller. Notable features include: Single container controls multiple machines at once. Temperature calculation takes into account CPUs, Drives and GPUs. Full GUI configuration, no YAML or INI file editing...