Search results

1. C

Advice on Future-proofing Home Switch

Side question: are you able to get the icx7650 rear ports running at 10gb? It has no SFP+ ports unless getting a 4x10gf module which costs another 500$… ahh this hobby is getting expensive
  2. C

I was able to get one. $2100 + roughly $500 for shipping and custom tariff still beats the icx7150 48zp I initially looked at. Did you use two PSUs and fans?
  3. C

After browsing the Brocade mega thread, I just came across a deal for a pre-owned ICX 7150 48ZP (datasheet here). While non-Z models of 7150 usually come at ~$300-400 in my area, this 48ZP is $2800. I need you genius’ advice on whether I should get 48ZP model for home. I can think of...
  4. C

ICX7150-C12P booting into DIAG mode - has u-boot not Brocade bootloader

Oh I see. Still you work the magic and thank you again. Any speculation on how and why these units are on the market? I have bought in the past used gears with buggy or ancient firmwares/systems and maybe that’s why they got sold as second hand in perfect condition. But never seen any of these...
  5. C

It’s too late sorry. I already erased and wrote the bootloader (mnzxxxxx.bin file) sent via serial YMODEM. Later with a normal firmware update now my unit is running 08095g perfectly. In that u-boot, ? returns a list with no tftp at all. It does have a Kermit transfer which I don’t know how to...
  6. C

A quick update: my bootloader is a little different in that no tftp is loaded in it. I managed to get the mnz10114.bin to 0x80000000 memory by YMODEM protocol over serial just like any embedded stuff. Now do I also erase nand by 0x11F3D8 length and write starting from memory 0x200 offset...
  7. C

I am running into the same problem u-boot or diag. I will try figure it out first edit: just saw the fix only works for C12P model but I am with a 48PF unit. Would you help me out on this @fohdeesha I can confirm it’s a Broadcom system as as I poke around I see there’s a Broadcom command...
  8. C

Native VLAN Challenge - Ruckus AP & ESXi

I get the idea of untagging but ESXi will discard VL1 native traffic arriving at the host. VMWare calls it VST mode if I want different VLAN reaches different VM. It is the APs themselves that need to get IPs on VL1.
  9. C

Oh thanks that solves part of the problem. However, with this new feature I still don’t think APs can get IP from DHCP server since the DHCP server is a VM in ESXi, which does not take native untagged traffic. Any thoughts?
  10. C

edit1: I rethink it over and find that the problem arises when ESXi puts different tagged VLAN traffic to different VMs; native traffic is discarded and never able to reach DHCP server which is in a VM. Could it be solved if I run say a Windows server with DHCP that handles DHCP for all VLANs...