Search results

1. M

ESXi HBA SATA or NVME or Tri-Mode

OK, that's a shame, I honestly thought the Broadcom card would be a good choice. Any other suggestions?
  2. M

ESXi HBA SATA or NVME or Tri-Mode

Hi Can someone please recommend an HBA on the vmware HCL for ESXi 8.0 that either supports SATA, NVME or both and can be viewed/managed/monitored in ESXi for health/temperature reporting purposes? I just need to boot from the HBA so doesnt have to be large number of ports. Ideally the card...
  3. M

ASUS IPMI Expansion Card

Got the voltages to appear but there's defo some compatibilty issue with my ProArt Z690. "invalide or unsupported hardware version" - I'm assuming the BMC isnt working as expected? Everything is connected inc the BMC header.
  4. M

ASUS IPMI Expansion Card

I know which why I tried another install of W11, clean, resolved all dependencies and still IPMI interface was the only device without a driver. Also tried on a Linux debian distro and sensors-detect did not detect the IPMI interface either.
  5. M

ASUS IPMI Expansion Card

Ye I have another W11 install and the same happens, intel inf all up to date, windows update shows nothing.
  6. M

ASUS IPMI Expansion Card

Nope. See below.
  7. M

ASUS IPMI Expansion Card

I thought that so I rebooted and still error code 28.
  8. M

ASUS IPMI Expansion Card

OK, I just got a second IPMI card so now I have the full cable set. Connected everything up to my ProArt board which shows as fully compatible. I can access the IPMI web ui but no sensors are showing, Windows shows IPMI interface error code 28 in device manager (no driver loaded). There are no...
  9. M

ASUS IPMI Expansion Card

Good to know. I found out I was connection the power cable to the AIC incorrectly. The manual says red cable closest to the PCB when in fact it's the opposite. Still, powered everything on with the BMC cable attached and still don't get system info or sensor stats. Remote control works though.
  10. M

ASUS IPMI Expansion Card

Looks like the SPI that I have then, although the BMC and SPI cables look identical, hard to tell with the image quality.
  11. M

ASUS IPMI Expansion Card

Do you have a picture of the SPI cable that comes with the card?
  12. M

ASUS IPMI Expansion Card

This reads like I need that special BIOS no?
  13. M

ASUS IPMI Expansion Card

I have this card and trying to use with the Z690 ProArt which is on the compatibility list. I am not sure if the SPI cable is exactly the same as the BMC cable (can you please send a pic of the connectors for the SPI cable)?
  14. M

ASUS IPMI Expansion Card

So I ditched the Z690-F and got the ProArt Z690 and same issue. I connect the AIC as per the manual except the SPI (dont need BIOS burn in), plugged in the PSU, mobo turns on automatically, but then turns off after a few seconds. I am not able to power on the motherboard using the chassis power...
  15. M

ASUS IPMI Expansion Card

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/Add-on_card/IPMI_EXPANSION_CARD/Compatible_Model_List.pdf This is what I am referring to not the mobo manual. I am using the Z690-F which was on the list up until a few days ago, not sure why it has since been removed. Either way, I tried it. The BMC cable...
  16. M

ASUS IPMI Expansion Card

You do need the BIOS if you want to use the BMC header and get all the temp/health monitoring in IPMI working. On the Asus website it also mentions the use of a special bios.
  17. M

ASUS IPMI Expansion Card

So, it turns out I have the BMC cable. Just need the special bios so I can use the card fully. I'm a bit concerned tho that once flashed to the special bios, you can't flash back to normal bios.
  18. M

ASUS IPMI Expansion Card

I reached out to Asus, I will see what they say. I hoped that someone in the forum here who has the card can tell me quickly which cable I have, Asus are pretty slow at responding. Thanks anyway.
  19. M

ASUS IPMI Expansion Card

That's the USB cable. The cable I showed you in the pic is what I need to know. Is it BMC or SPI or both cables the same so it doesnt matter? If you have the cables please can you tell me which one I have from the pic? Sorry, when I say BIOS, I mean BMC firmware - where can I download the latest...