Search results

1. R

Tyan S8030GM2NE

I tried Postman and used password without special characters. The password setup worked, but wen I go to: https://[IPMI IP ADDRESS]/bios/Index.html login and password worked, but the web BIOS screen is empty.
  2. R

Tyan S8030GM2NE

I was trying to follow your guide but fail every time at Step 3, it always complains about the password "PropertyValueFormatError". Are there any specific password character and length requirements? Is it allowed to use special character like "<" in the password? The password I tried that did...
  3. R

Tyan S8030GM2NE

Hi, I'm trying to install Windows 10 on this motherboard with EPYC Rome processor. I tried both "Legacy" and "UEFI" BIOS settings. It fails every time right after the boot drive selection during installation. Error vary from "the installation could boy proceed to the next step" to some errors...
  4. R

Can anyone tell me what is EPYC 7D12

Hi, thank you for sharing you information. By the way, where can I buy this CPU for less than $100?
  5. R

Tyan S8030GM2NE

Thank you so much!!! it worked!!
  6. R

Tyan S8030GM2NE

Thank you so much!!! How do you know all this? Is there any dictionary in some manual? Do you have any idea about NIC LEDs wires? Should I connect LAN0_LED_P to NIC 1LED and LAN0_LED_L to NIC 1LED (blue cable)?
  7. R

Tyan S8030GM2NE

Does anyone know how to connect these case wires to the S8030GM4NE-2T motherboard? For example on the manual I have these seemingly power button related pins: FP_PW_LED_PW FP_PW_LED_GND FP_PWR_BTN_L and on my case wires I have: POWER SW (yellow cable) POWER SW (purple cable) POWER LED+ (orange...
  8. R

Tyan S8030GM2NE

Thank you so much! I was able to flash both BMC and BIOS thanks to you.
  9. R

Tyan S8030GM2NE

o_O:p oops! That is crazy. Thank you so much for the this critical instruction. What about BMC firmware flash? I cannot find any .ROM file if I unzip BMC firmware zip file.
  10. R

Tyan S8030GM2NE

Ok, the BIOS and BMC firmware saga continues. Does anyone know how to reset BMC to factory settings without access to IPMI/BMC web interface? After attempting to update BMC firmware it asked me to change the password again. So I entered a new password twice that looks like this...
  11. R

Tyan S8030GM2NE

I just tried to upgrade BMC to v3.00 using file S8030-BMC_v300.zip from the IPMI web interface > Maintenance > Firmware Update > Flash BMC Firmware and it successfully completed the process but did not actually update anything. I still see that my BMC is v1.00 Does anyone know what could be...
  12. R

Tyan S8030GM2NE

Can someone suggest please should I bother updating BMC and BIOS to most recent possible versions if my AMD EPYC 7532 CPU is identified and works? It looks like I have some very early versions of BMC and BIOS and I'm afraid that there could be some important security updates in recent versions...
  13. R

Tyan S8030GM2NE

Got it. Thank you so much for your answer.
  14. R

Tyan S8030GM2NE

I have a question about SD card slot on this motherboard. Is it possible to use it as a bootable device where I could copy some OS iso file and then install from there to my SATA drives connected? If yes, what filesystem should be used on this SD card? I tried to do this but the BIOS does not...
  15. R

Tyan S8030GM2NE

Hi, does anyone know how to turn on this motherboard without a case and without a VGA monitor? I connected all the power cables, installed the CPU cooler and inserted RAM sticks, connected SATA drives and LAN cable to management port. When I turn on PSU, the CPU cooler fans start spinning, the...
  16. R

Tyan S8030GM2NE

Hi, thank you all for this amazing thread. @hmw Can you confirm that two of the available SlimSAS ports on this board can be connecter to regular 3.5 SATA drives? or this SlimSAS to SATA breakout cable only works for 2.5 SATA SSD drives? Previously I thought these two SlimSAS ports can ONLY be...
  17. R

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Please help to understand PSU fan airflow direction. I found 2 variants on ebay with PSU airflow green arrow down with letter E and orange arrow up with letter I. Does E stands for exhaust and I for intake? Does it affect noise level and what it the less loud version?
  18. R

Sorry for newbie spamming here. some crazy idea. Has anyone thought about taking out all the internals from for example ICX 6610 and placing them in a generic 2U rack case with cutting out the front panel. And then using 3d printing print a custom panel with cutouts for this specific ICX 6610...
  19. R

Thank you so much for explanation!! On another note does anyone know what does "Premium software" vs "Base software" mean from "BROCADE ICX 6610 ORDERING INFORMATION" section in this document? https://fohdeesha.com/data/other/brocade/ICX6610%20Datasheet.pdf Practically speaking show we worry...
  20. R

EU WTB: EPYC ROME 7702 or EPYC ROME 7532 NOT QS/ES

Hi, does anyone sell these used CPUs in Europe right now at a lower price than those deals on ebay from China?