Search results

1. A

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Great, thanks for clarifying. I confess, I searched this huge thread but not the other forum threads. If I needed more than one or two multi-gig ports, I'd definitely go with a switch like one of those. For a single port though, fitting it into the existing switch makes the most sense. Some of...
  2. A

Hi all, I've got a multigig question -- have searched this thread and found some partial answers, but nothing complete. Perhaps this will be of use to others. I'm using an ICX7250-24p as my home switch. Love it. Got a server and two workstations on 10GbE, some APs on PoE, and then various other...
  3. A

Hi S!rius, I had to make the same sort of cable for mine, and can perhaps shed some light. First off, unless your Cisco cable uses different colors than mine, those are not the right pins. Here's the mapping I've used (successfully): Green (Cisco) -> White (USB) Yellow (Cisco) -> Blue (USB)...
  4. A

I also just got an ICX7250-48p and ran into a little glitch after following the upgrade instructions. Mine failed to boot the SPR08090mc.bin primary image and instead failed back to the secondary with 08030. Turns out this was because the second reset reverted back to the original uboot image...
  5. A

Anything to SFF-8086 connector

I’ve got a large number of 9 bay SAS expander chassis. The problem I’m facing is that they have 26 pin SFF-8086 connectors. This is basically a narrower version of the common 36 pin SFF-8087 but without sideband. Is there any available cable that’s got SFF-8086 on one end and something else on...
  6. A

MegaRAID 9361-8i (LSI SAS3108)

I ended up figuring out how to modify the zone configuration via I2C messages. Not ideal, but it works.
  7. A

To add a bit more detail, what I need to do (I think) is modify the SAS zones config for the expander. Surely there is some way to do that via the 9361?
  8. A

Hi All, I recently acquired a few 9361-8i boards while decommissioning some old hardware. I'd like to use them as HBAs but am getting the idea that may not be 100% doable. So far, I've set the personality to "JBOD" and that works well; individual drives appear to the host system as expected...
  9. A

Got my ICX6610-48P fully nine days ago, literally *on the day* of moving into a new house. Now finally spending some quality time in the (still very messy, stuff on the floor) home office getting set up. What a great piece of used kit! My main desktop is Ubuntu Linux 18.04 and as some of you...
  10. A

Hi all, I’ve been enjoying this thread for a while now. Had decided to take the 10Gb+ plunge at home and started browsing eBay for likely candidates. Spotting an ICX6610 and getting curious quickly led here. Licensing looks like the only hurdle. @fohdeesha, you’ve done dozens of folks a solid...