Search results

1. F

Finally: Overclocking EPYC Rome ES

Anything/anywhere in particular? Was not able to find anything besides a few ended listings from months ago. Also all of those listings were auctions.
  2. F

Finally: Overclocking EPYC Rome ES

Anyone knows where to buy 2x ES Rome 64c cpus? been looking to different websites and could not find much.
  3. F

SXM2 over PCIe

don't know exactly where you find your prices, but on Taobao the heatsinks I found were 15-20 USD each. The motherboard 130 USD and the risers 60 USD. That's 250 USD, shipping is at worse case scenario 50 USD, so 300 total. GPUs with shipping included can be found locally (For me) and are around...
  4. F

SXM2 over PCIe

You misunderstood. It's not 800 for the GPUs, it's 800 for the whole thing, besides the "contraption to hold everything together". So yes, that's a huge difference, in fact it's equal to 2x 2080ti 22GB you tagged. You can get right now 2x pcie cables for 65 USD, AOM-SMXV for 130 USD, heatsinks...
  5. F

SXM2 over PCIe

@gsrcrxsi you've mentioned that you tried swapping the modules around, have you tried swapping the 2x pcie cables around. that way you know if it's a cable issue or a board issue.
  6. F

SXM2 over PCIe

@bayleyw I mean if we go offtopic, at that point you can get any EPYC mobo and dual CPUs (for 700$ you have 2x EPYC 7601 with the motherboard (128threds between the 2) and up to like 1TB ram, 256GB would go for about $500 separately) and then you have 2x pcie3x16, 3x pcie3x8. As long as you are...
  7. F

SXM2 over PCIe

Anyone knows if SXM3 heatsinks are compatible with SXM2 (V100s)? I found some SXM3 heatsinks for about 30% cheaper than SXM2. Looking online at PCB images, it's difficult to understand if the mounting holes align as the overall scale/dimensions could be different. Has anyone tested this?
  8. F

SXM2 over PCIe

@gsrcrxsi thanks for the reply. thinking of giving it a go around mid april. I already got a PC with a 4090 so just thinking if it would be worth it at the end of the day. @Underscore yeah found 4x V100 for £177 each with tax and shipping included. Could get that down to £150 maybe, which would...
  9. F

SXM2 over PCIe

@gsrcrxsi I see in your latest photos you haven't used oculink? Is it not needed with the 2x pcie connected? From my understanding of the rest of the page, it was needed either way. Also did you end up using the PCIE cables for Power or ESP, there was a convo before about what was the correct...
  10. F

Overclock your AMD Epyc

I had 2 EPYC 7601 and 256gb (16 x 16) on a supermicro h11dsi-nt and the bios mod worked perfectly I could select the ram freq to be 2666Mhz (from the original 2400) and they worked fine. Now I moved the same CPUs, PSU, RAM and Coolers to a supermicro h11dsi (so not NT), and the modded bios does...
  11. F

Overclock your AMD Epyc

Hey there, do you know if rome 128t ENG samples would work better for overclocking comared to retail samples?
  12. F

Overclock your AMD Epyc

The cpu is epyc 7601.(2 on 11dsi-nt) I am a bit confused by the second question, rebar has nothing to do with the overclock, I was just adding my OC to the list of people.
  13. F

Overclock your AMD Epyc

Anyone has an issue where sometimes the overclock is not applied and it requires multiple restarts for it to be applied? Anyone found a fix ?
  14. F

Overclock your AMD Epyc

If anyone is interested, Rebar can be added to the Supermicro H11DSi-NT Rev2.0, tested with the latest Nvidia Gen, and with 256GB ram, the Bar size is 32GB. I can also confirm it works with the modded v1.3 bios from Nero, which still works fine on the Rev2.0 of the board. I modded both the...
  15. F

EPYC 3rd Gen, Resizable BAR support

Thanks for this link, didn't even know it existed. Worked like a charm on a Supermicro H11DSi-NT with an RTX 4090.