Search results

1. F

CWWK/Topton/... Nxxx quad NIC router

Try adding a powersave governor, that should shave a bit more.
  2. F

The v2 of the CWWK machine (n100-n305 with 4 ports, AKA CW-AL-4L v2), the one with a sata port inside has two fan connectors (one on the ram side for the system and one on the cpu side for the cpu) and both are 12v, 4 pin. By default they will respond to system temperature and the other to the...
  3. F

Happy to oblige @splifingate. I definitely got rid of any noise in powesave. I saw there is a "passive" pstate with more options. I might try to learn a bit. I just was happy to be able to continue with the software part. Spent two weeks just with hard.
  4. F

I think the barrel length of my new PSU is a bit longer and it is not as easy to get it out. Still, works like a charm
  5. F

Today has been my craziest day ever with the computer. I have it in the same table as my work computer which is silent. There is a coil whine that changes the pitch all the time so it is hard not to notice. I tried everything, disable C state, acoustic noise settings with a couple of setups...
  6. F

I pulled the trigger for a Leicke also. Wanted it to try to get rid of the coil whine (I managed to "change" the noise to something less irritating and less volume with the BIOS) but now I will keep it for safety.
  7. F

I don't remember installing `build-essential` but if you don't have it (I do) that would fix that.
  8. F

Beeper in the bios there is an option for it (don't remember where). Power led button no idea but I didn't see one (I put something on front of it so I don't see it)
  9. F

Ill answer you in 26 hours. I am having some coil whine right now and I am trying a new PSU tomorrow to see if I get rid of it. So far it works great except that.
  10. F

Oh, nice one. I didn't find a new version. I guess I won't try since it works like a charm with the old one but it is good to know it is not an abandoned project anymore. On the other hand, I will try the leicke PSU to see if I get rid of coil whine. I tried the acoustic noise reduction to no...
  11. F

I am back with more news and this time, good news. At least with CW-AL v2 but I am sure that works with the others. We can compile a module to get info with pmw. First, do a backup, things can always go wrong. TROUBLESHOOTING AT THE END First, leave your fan in your bios as automatic if you...
  12. F

Here are my conclusions for the "CWWK CW-AL v2" Fan situation for everyone that had the issue or will buy the device soon: There are two 12v connectors for a 4 pin 12V fan (there is an adaptor). One connector, system fan is on the bottom side (ram & nvme).The other connector, cpu fan is on the...
  13. F

Let me continue my monologue :p I put a 12v fan today (PWM) via the system fan. As other mentioned in the past, PWM is not working or we don't really understand it. I am trying different settings in the bios but not much difference. I put unrealistic setup (low temperature start, low...
  14. F

Thanks, very useful. Now I learnt that I made two mistakes by removing the sticker on top. Void warranty and also that it spreads the temp a bit. I will check tomorrow to see if there is any gap. My cheap heatsink came with a pad that is supposed to go below the nvme which is 0.5 and the others...
  15. F

I agree with you that a high performance is a waste but was the same price as 980 pro that we could consider high performance as well. What temps are you getting with those 4? Also weird the 5v in your case. Do you have a CWWK v2 or the previous model? USB would be fine if I can adjust it speed...
  16. F

Can you put what is your nvme temperature and which model? I am dumb enough to think that better is always better (ha!). I have the n305 with a 990pro (was same price as 980 pro so I said... why not). My cpu is running at 38-40 and my nvme right now (just opnsense and a idle arch) is at 52. If...
  17. F

I can't say anything about packet drops (I might test it) but my network works better now, faster. Moving from my old nas hits the gigabit (before it didn't) and from 2.5 to 2.5 moves at full speed.
  18. F

Can you tell me if your noctua is 12 or 5v? I might try the 14mm one (92x92) since it might fit inside. EDIT: I thought it was 10mm. Nah, it won't fit
  19. F

Nah, mine doesn't come with one. To sit the machine on a fan I need some space below the fan I guess o it can suck up the air. The good thing about the 80mm is that it can be screwed on the backplate and then put a stand so the fan is not directly in the table. AFAIK the internal connector...
  20. F

Buw how small? There is not much clearance. 10-15mm I would say. No idea how is my ram doing, lm-sensors doesn't output it (I am open to other ways to check). My NVME is normally around 50. Now it is 60 because I did a stress test and I guess it will take a while to go back down since the case...