Search results

1. T

Intel X520-DA1 prices have dropped!

i was contemplating the rj45s to not deal with DAC... in all honesty, i dont need all this i have.. could seriously downgrade and just buy another x520 off of amazon... that way i can return it no matter what. Did you buy via credit card? That is what I am thinking of doing if I dont go amazon...
  2. T

i am now seeing all the fakes out there.. interesting stuff. Even if you buy new on Amazon, you need to inspect each card and make sure you have a true card!!!!
  3. T

how about going this route? rj45 - no limit on purchase and when you bulk in shipping, we are talking $~10 each 10G Dual-port Ethernet Card 10G X540-T2 PCIE-X8 Network Expansion Adapter Dual-port Network Card Suitable For Multiple Systems - AliExpress
  4. T

oh i see now... they default showing the NIC but it is just the SFP+ module for $4... card is $23...
  5. T

I know this is a very old, like very old thread.... but hey i used the search bar!!! LOL I was just on Aliexpress and found these cards for $5 each... so is this still the good thing to go with? I have old connectx-1 and connectx-2 using a specific port called CX4 (to not be confused with...
  6. T

US - STH Perpetual Freebies Thread

next freebies up... will fit in a small priority mail box so ~$8 shipping??? 2x intel xeon e5-2620 v4 PassMark - Intel Xeon E5-2620 v4 @ 2.10GHz - Price performance comparison (cpubenchmark.net)
  7. T

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

just pulled this out of my brocade 648s: Brocade>show version Copyright (c) 1996-2016 Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. UNIT 1: compiled on Feb 13 2019 at 18:30:50 labeled as FCXR08030t (10545807 bytes) from Primary FCXR08030t.bin SW...
  8. T

HP Procurve 6400CL and Brocade Fastiron 648S

First the most important thing: STH is an awesome place. So much going on here. We are all good at certain areas and people are so willing to help others. Many "Forum" sites have gone away due to FB groups, etc... but STH strives and it is because of its members!!! now enough brown nosing and...
  9. T

HP SFP to HP CX4 ports

ok so I didnt follow the link to "license" and do all that other stuff and it is working but not great.
  10. T

I did not go in and follow the instructions yet on how to license the switches, etc yet... i just plugged the xfp adapter into the switch, the xfp LC adapter in, ran fiber (just got cable in), into intel x520... Getting half the speed of my old ConnectX-2 cards... could it be because of the...
  11. T

Help getting machine to boot - almost out of hair

WOAH!!! I GOT IT!!!! totally still at a loss of why but here goes... decided to flash the bios overtop of itself. Well initially I chose the first option, forget what it is but I believe it total flash and resets. Did not change anything. Went back in and flashed again but chose "Intact" and...
  12. T

it wont even boot off of a thumb drive for os install... sees my drive in bios and on boot menu...
  13. T

i know this isnt it but swapped power supplies out, went to onboard video.. has to be something in the bios. resetting to factory didnt do it. will give those disable everything and try to reset bios again...
  14. T

I have had a computer running Server 2022 with an HBA and extender. Running stablebit drive pool with an ssd pool and sata pool. Random drops on drives that has been frustrating me. I have upgraded to Server 2022 a few months ago. I didnt really "upgrade" but I boot off of a thumb drive and...
  15. T

i have this... FOR Juniper SRX-XFP-10GE-SR 10GBase-SR 10G XFP optical transceiver
  16. T

yeah I just saw the connector as it just came in... any insight appreciated...
  17. T

i am getting excited... brocade adapter, fiber and x520 came in... waiting on 2 transceivers...then connect it all ... then lesson hat when I follow the license instructions!!!!
  18. T

US - STH Perpetual Freebies Thread

i have no clue.. i was given all these and going to chuckem if no one wants