Search results

1. G

Finally: Overclocking EPYC Rome ES

Why would it be bad? Or any worse or different than any other watercooling? there are plenty of sTR4 waterblocks. And they are compatible with SP3 EPYC also.
  2. G

Supermicro Epyc motherboards - list of graphics cards that work - I need help to make a list

You will not see the P2000 listed in the bios specifically. I’m not aware that you’d see any GPU in the BIOS. but if you want to get full display through it you’ll have to change the default VGA output from Internal to External. (Or Offboard vs Onboard, I forget the exact verbiage the SM boards...
  3. G

[US-MD][WTB] Titan V EK waterblocks

Probably yeah. Has an EPYC 7V12 running 100% too.
  4. G

they really dont get impacted. not that i can tell. running the 7x titans now with the terminal x7 bridge, all gpus are about the same temp nvidia-smi...
  5. G

Running BOINC, mainly Einstein@home. the motherboard is AsRock Rack ROMED8-2T
  6. G

Density. Noise. Ability to move the heat where I want it by moving the radiator. I have a 7x Titan V system already (). Pretty much bought out all of Performance-PCS entire remaining stock on clearance. And no one else seems to have any in stock. So I figured my best chance is probably second...
  7. G

looking for at least two, maybe more EKWB EK-FC waterblock for the Titan V. can be the Plexi+Nickel, or Acetal+Nickel, either is fine BNIB is a plus, but not necessary. Used is ok as long as you have the single slot I/O bracket and the thermal pads and it doesn't leak or anything
  8. G

SXM2 over PCIe

I thought @CyklonDX said you cannot connect these 8611 connections from the AOM-SXMV directly to a PCIe slot. you have to use the custom Supermicro slots (that the AOM-SXM-BRG connects to) and adapt that to a PCIe slot. i wish it was as simple to use the 8611 cable conenctions instead :(
  9. G

SXM2 over PCIe

are you using this adapter to connect to the AOM-SXMV board? what is on the other end of the cables?
  10. G

SXM2 over PCIe

doesnt look to be SXB2 (or other variations of SXB) from googling other SXB2 cards. unless it's a fluid kind of standard where they call everything proprietary as "SXB" and only add numbers to it to label them on individual boards. RSC-GR-6-X and RSC-G-6 look nearly identical. not sure what...
  11. G

SXM2 over PCIe

Would love if someone made (readily available) a flexible riser from the custom Supermicro port to normal PCIe. Or even the specific name of the port. “Supermicro port” or “SC port” is too vague as Supermicro has many different custom PCIe port shapes and sizes. We need to differentiate this...
  12. G

SXM2 over PCIe

i noticed that your PCB design and the other test/dev boards for SXM2 to PCIe don't utilize the second mezzanine SXM connector. why is that? what is that second connector used for (maybe nvlink)?
  13. G

SXM2 over PCIe

that PCIe card plus SXM waterblock would be sweet.
  14. G

H11DSi Ver:2.0 no video (no signal)

remove the GPUs. connect the monitor to the onboard VGA plug on the motherboard boot the system and go into the BIOS in the BIOS, change the primary display from "onboard" to offboard or external PCIe. re-install the GPU and plug the monitor to the GPU. boot the system
  15. G

SXM2 over PCIe

Other than the proprietary power connectors, are you able to use this board with a normal non-dell system? I thought it was mentioned that you need special Dell drivers to get the GPUs detected.
  16. G

AMD EPYC 7002 Rome CPUs Hang After Less Than 3 Years of Uptime

It’s a very low risk system that I can’t be bothered to update because it just keeps working and frankly there’s no pressing reason to. I have many other systems that I maintain with updates etc. but I don’t want to have to rebuilt the containers/jails that are running on this particular system...
  17. G

FreeNAS/TrueNAS is an appliance.
  18. G

SXM2 over PCIe

I did think about him while pondering where to get a custom cable made. I have some of his other risers. I think the biggest problem will be communicating the exact spec of the custom PCIe slot. Not know what it’s actual spec name is will be hard for them to find what they need to be making an...
  19. G

sometimes you just don’t have to reboot. I have an old FreeNAS system that “just works”. Uptime over 700 days right now lol. But it’s on an old Intel platform and not subject to this particular bug.