Search results

1. Y

Code Compilation, Web Server, Game Hosting... Epyc, Threadripper, or Consumer CPU?

I was definitely hitting a RAM cap on my build server (other services started getting starved of resources), but I seem to recall looking for bottlenecks on my development machine and not finding any obvious ones. HDD vs SSD speeds were severely impacting my code compile times on my development...
  2. Y

Code Compilation, Web Server, Game Hosting... Epyc, Threadripper, or Consumer CPU?

Oh, awesome! Thank you so much! I may very well end up going this route to help more evenly distribute the overall workload! Haha yeah, it's really strange. I can definitely confirm that on my 13700k, one line code compile times for UE4 are about ~30 seconds (and that's also using the "Live...
  3. Y

UE4 can be a bit of a wild beast from my experience. I've been packaging builds on my development machine for awhile now (Formerly an i5 8400, currently an i7 13700k), and if UE4 decides it can do an incremental build it can take 5-10 minutes. Other times UE4 decides it needs to force a full...
  4. Y

I've got a general-purpose home server with an FX-8350 that's running multiple VMs, each responsible for miscellaneous things: Webservers, game servers, Discord bots, SVN repos, etc. Me and a friend have been developing a game in Unreal Engine 4 over the past few years. I tried creating a...
  5. Y

Booting Poweredge T420 MOBO without control panel?

Can you not just use an ATX power supply with two CPU plugs to power the board?
  6. Y

That's disappointing, but thanks for letting me know!
  7. Y

Hello, I've been into the PC building scene for about a decade now, but I recently acquired my first server-grade parts: a Dell Poweredge T420 motherboard with 2 xeon processors. Since I only have the motherboard, I don't actually possess the necessary control panel that plugs into the header...