Search results

1. C

ES Xeon Discussion

Hey guys, I was thinking that if you disable cores from your Xeon CPU, will the FPS improve if you game for example. Like the 2630 V4, it can boost to 3,1 with 1 core, 3,1 with 2 cores, 2,9 with 3 cores and 2,8 with 4 cores. Would this work? 2630 V4's boost to 2,4ghz with all 10 cores.
  2. C

ES Xeon Discussion

I discovered something weird with the MSI X99A/S SLI PLUS motherboard today. The newest X99A/S BIOS (Both are identical, A has USB 3.1. and S doesn't) doesn't work with early ES samples. The X99S SLI PLUS refused to post anything with the latest BIOS on my 2690 V4 ES (Early sample). The 2630 V4...
  3. C

ES Xeon Discussion

It should work, I recommend Asrock/MSI motherboards for best support and reliability. The early samples of 2666 v3 do not support HTT (W/O HTT there will be a 10-15% performance hit, depending if the application can utilize HT. Seems that the HTT is greyed out, so it is permanently disabled from...
  4. C

ES Xeon Discussion

I'm waiting for Skylake-E V5 Xeons :) Usually they increase core count on certain models, for example 2630 V3 had 8 cores and 2630 V4 has 10. Would be awesome if the V5 will have 12 cores, who knows. Maybe it's due to the die shrink. Wouldn't it be awesome if Skylake-E would allow proper BCLK OC...
  5. C

ES Xeon Discussion

Heres my 8 core 16 thread 2667 V4 PC :) What do you guys think?
  6. C

ES Xeon Discussion

Yeah true. Never seen another ES seller do this, bought from xtrememicro and hi-spec only and they had no stickers.
  7. C

ES Xeon Discussion

Hey m4r1k, my 2667 V4 from HW-E has that warranty void sticker too. Thought at first, that there would be issues becuase it covers up those pads on the middle. I think that those stickers are a bit useless..
  8. C

ES Xeon Discussion

Has anyone tested the 24-core unreleased BW-E chip? Intel Xeon E5 v4 Broadwell-EP 2.1GHz 24-Core ES CPU C612 X99 MB Beats E5-2699 v3 | eBay Seems that the yields werent that good on the 24-core die, and Intel disabled 2 cores and sold them as 2699 V4's. Pretty cool CPU though, wondering that...
  9. C

ES Xeon Discussion

Score is 1224, the 2667 V4 is great if you want to have higher single core performance. If you can utilize a lot of cores, that may be a better option.
  10. C

ES Xeon Discussion

Got my 2667 V4 ES. Took only 7 days to receive it via economy shipping! Usually it's 15-20 days :) Heres the information, boosts @ 3,0ghz with all cores: Mine had no scratches on the bottom of the CPU (gold plates), only on the heatspreader. Idle temps are 23C and load 46C with my ID-Cooling...
  11. C

ES Xeon Discussion

Seems that you have turbo disabled, enable it via BIOS CPU settings. No wonder it doesn't boost.
  12. C

ES Xeon Discussion

You have a 2683 V4 ES right? If I remember correctly, it already boosts to 2,5ghz with all cores, which is nice. Even a +5% BCLK OC wouldn't be worth it, because of the stability issues you could face.
  13. C

ES Xeon Discussion

What chip do you have? The newer version of Prime95 limits the turbo, seems that AVX loads limit turbo boost. Try older versions of prime, like 26.6. My 2690 V4 boosted only to 2,6ghz (all cores) on newer Prime versions, but <- 27 versions it allowed the all core boost go to 3,0ghz.
  14. C

ES Xeon Discussion

They are overhyped. Any heatsink with a decent 4-pin PWM fan can be tuned quiet. My 19€ LC-CC-120's work flawlessly with my 2630 V4 and 2690 V4. While being silent, temps never exceed 60C during a Prime95 torture test.
  15. C

ES Xeon Discussion

Cheapest heatpipe cooler with a 120mm fan. Hyper 212 for example. Xeons do not output much heat
  16. C

ES Xeon Discussion

Looks good. CPU coolers can be cheaper, HYPER 212's or some other 120mm fan cooler with like 4 copper heatpipes are ok. Where are you from? Are you ordering from Mindfactory.de? LC-Power Cosmo Cool LC-CC-120 Tower Kühler stuff are quite cheap in Mindfactory. Check out the 2011-3 server...
  17. C

ES Xeon Discussion

Supermicro has the best compatibility amongst motherboard vendors. They support early sample CPU's I think that many ES CPU sellers test those CPUs with a Supermicro board. You can get a 16 core Broadwell with a similar price compared to the 2683 V3: Intel Xeon E5 2683 V4 ES 2.0Ghz 40MB 16Core...
  18. C

ES Xeon Discussion

Ivy Bridge Xeons OC better than Haswell and Broadwells (via BCLK ofc) The average Ivy Xeon can reach up to 115 BCLK, whereas Haswell and Broadwell go to 105. There should be no issues I think, just have the newest BIOS installed to avoid problems. Can't lock, tested. I have the option to tinker...
  19. C

ES Xeon Discussion

' Weird. I think that it may be the chipsets fault..
  20. C

ES Xeon Discussion

It seems that it occurs on MSI recent MB's only... it's quite funny that a cheapo H81 Asrock boots faster than a high-end X99. What gives? Can't the MSI MB do the detection faster..