Search results

1. P

10 and 40 Gb networking on the cheap ($5 - $10)

I tend to look on Thingiverse for stuff like that. Ideally, upload the source file as well as the exported STL.
  2. P

UK Brocade switches (icx6450, icx6610, TurboIron 24x, FWS624, FCX624, FCX648)

No, some are gone some are still here - and I've still not got around to sorting out my ebay account! Drop me a message with what you're after.
  3. P

Areca Volume Set vanished

Yeah, that's pretty much the current plan. I've offline backups of my data array, but this raid set held my virtuals and similar stuff that should be rebuildable if necessary (with time...). I know the raid\volume set config is stored at the front of each disk, and that which disk in the raid...
  4. P

Areca Volume Set vanished

Whilst away for the weekend, my 1883ix-16 logged DRAM 1-Bit ECC DRAM Fatal Error and also, at some point, kicked a disk out of one of the RAID sets. When I returned, Linux had remounted loads of stuff read-only, and the controller was beeping but unresponsive over the network, so I only...
  5. P

I'm happy to do it at cost, but I've not shipped internationally before and I'm guessing it'll depend on destination and weight. If you PM me what you want and where you are I can look into it.
  6. P

It's not, I'm afraid. I do have a BayStack 5520-24T-PWR and a BayStack 5520-48T-PWR, but I think they're just 1GB SFP uplinks (I've not really looked into them properly yet).
  7. P

EU EU - STH Perpetual Freebies Thread

I'd not thought of that, but it's a fair point. It hadn't occurred to me anyone would want to pay international shipping for it!
  8. P

EU EU - STH Perpetual Freebies Thread

I've just included a Brocade FWS624G for free on my "Brocade Switches" for sale thread.
  9. P

Before I put these on the 'bay, I want to give people here a chance for a crack at them, by way of thanks (I've tried to undercut cheapest UK prices I found there). They're a mix of extras I don't need from a bundle, and stuff I've moved on from. Except one switch with mangled cages as below...
  10. P

I'll second this - especially now the HP prices have gone up a bit. I've tried and failed to get the 40Gb cards working with an early revision, and ended up getting a 40Gb CX3 card instead (well, 2 of them - one Fujitsu branded). I'm not sure it's cheaper, but the difference isn't that big vs...
  11. P

SFP compatibility, LX ethernet and FC SFPs, and other noob questions

It has that reputation, and for new kit the optics are more expensive, but I've previously picked up a job lot of 10 brocade 10G SM transceivers for peanuts. I take the point from Blinky 42 about 2nd hand, but take some comfort from having signal quality metrics available (and still having...
  12. P

Other forums, books, and perspectives for learning HTPC, multimedia computing, and building a home theatre?

I'm using the nVidia binary drivers, with Gentoo - so I'm on the two extremes! It works fine, though, and it's fanless so completely silent. It was a Sandy Bridge; I can't remember which iGPU that is. I used the in-kernel drivers (which are the only ones I know of). MakeMKV will extract...
  13. P

Other forums, books, and perspectives for learning HTPC, multimedia computing, and building a home theatre?

This. More than you can imagine. I started ~15 years ago with much the same outlook as you; re-use an existing desktop case, motherboard, CPU & 2 spare disks (boot + media). Then I went to 4 disks, then bigger disks, then hardware RAID & 6 disks, then.... I'm now spread across two 846 chassis...
  14. P

Storage Chassis

I started with a 4220 from X-Case, and I'm now on a pair of 846. The 4220 is sitting unused; I just had too many reliability problems with a couple of the bays. The design & build quality is incomparable. Bargains on 846 do come up, even in the UK, and if you can at all afford to wait for one...
  15. P

I'm currently in the opposite situation; the cards I got (764285-B21, dual Connect-X 3 Pro) are picked up fine but refuse to connect to my switch with any of my cables; the driver reports either unsupported cable or unsupported module. I doubt that's a problem with the adapter, but when I have...
  16. P

ConnectX-3 card not detected in Asrock EPYCD8-2T

Discovered the NIC firmware was quite old; bumped it to latest and all is well.