Search results

1. Fritz

Avoid Samsung 980 and 990 with Windows Server

Just checked my Server 2022 box and it has an Intel Optane boot drive. I do have others with various Samsung's, all the EVO's are earlier models.
  2. Fritz

Need Supermicro IPMI VGA socket, anyone has motherboard not working?

If it was me I'd look for the correct plug. Gotta be out there somewhere. If push comes to shove you could always pick up a donor board. There's a seller on eBay that sells almost nothing but defective MB's, I bought a X12STL-iF from him for $29 and all that was wrong with it was a mangled...
  3. Fritz

Dell Ultrasharp U3023E 30-inch 10-bit 100%sRGB monitor $449

I just upgraded to a 4K 32" Monoprice. At 4K I had to set the scaling to 200% or go blind squinting.
  4. Fritz

Seagate X22 20TB $219 Renewed

And value is value.
  5. Fritz

Does Supermicro X12STL-F Support Rocket Lake / 11th Gen Xeon E3 CPU's?

I put together a low power server using this CPU and it did not disappoint. being it's in a server I have no need for a igpu. It doesn't have it and neither does the Supermicro X12STL-iF MB. And as a bonus I discovered by accident that non ECC UDIMM's work perfectly fine with this CPU which is...
  6. Fritz

Original LSI SAS 9300 16i - Problem Flashing. Please Help!

I'm guessing that "seconds from reboot' is exactly that. or it could just be the time since the server was started. I never really paid any attention to it. I usually glance at the bottom section to see if any errors are listed and that's it. And no, it does not do an automatic reboot. it tells...
  7. Fritz

EXPIRED Ruckus R510 Access Point free shipping $34

https://www.ebay.com/itm/355427845760
  8. Fritz

Dell Poweredge R240 - Barebones w/ Xeon E-2124 - $180

If only I needed one. :(
  9. Fritz

I have an old as dirt Ruckus 7372 and I'm looking to upgrade

OK guys, I'm rethinking all this. I broke out an old HP 1810 and plugged in most of my strictly local stuff like IPMI, etc. I'm going to play around with VLAN's using this switch and see if I can't educate myself more. I do have one more question. Can I assign a port on my main switch and plug...
  10. Fritz

Thanks all. Just a brief summary. Router is a Dell 5070 Extended with a SM Intel i350 dual server NIC running OPNSense latest version up to date. I have one Avaya 4850GTS-PWR+ which I believe is a layer 3 switch. I have another Avaya 4850GTS-PWR+ that's dormant and is run only when needed. I...
  11. Fritz

That's my problem, no matter how you slice and dice it, there's always exceptions that allow connectivity to happen when you think it can't. What I'm looking for is a way to configure networking that imposes restrictions that are absolute but I suspect I'm pissing in the wind.
  12. Fritz

LSI 9300-16i $129 obo

As I understand it, there is no standard governing PSU expansion cables. This means that if you use an expansion cable from on PSU on another psu you are likely to destroy whatever you are connecting. As long as the expansion cable you're using came with the PSU, you're safe. I learned this the...
  13. Fritz

Thanks. Tell me, how is it that a wireless client with an ip address of 192.168.40.xxx can access a wired client with an ip address of 192.168.10.xxx. This is my present dilemma.
  14. Fritz

I've been looking for an AP that will allow me to separate wired from wireless in no uncertain terms. What I mean is no wireless client can access a wired client period. every time I've asked about this I've a ton of stupid bullshit that really has nothing to do with what I'm looking for and...
  15. Fritz

I'd like to avoid those models that require a controller so I'm looking for an Unleashed model. Which one should I go with? TIA
  16. Fritz

LSI 9300-16i $129 obo

It's the PSU PCIe 6 pin cable. All modern PSU's have them.
  17. Fritz

Need help locating SAS9201-16i firmware

Yea, I've notice that things don't appear to be in any particular order. No doubt this is why firmware is so hard to find.
  18. Fritz

I'm impressed.
  19. Fritz

Need help locating SAS9201-16i firmware

Thank you sir. I've bookmarked the page for future reference.
  20. Fritz

Servers and sound cards aren't exactly a match made in Heaven. :p