Search results

1. C

[FS] Clearing out Columbia (SC) Datacenter

GPUs and all other assorted goodies are included with that price. I am taking offers. If someone wants all the equipment I'm certainly happy to have one transaction.
  2. C

I keep getting questions about the hard drives/networking equipment. The drives are all 74 GB 15k drives. The networking equipment entails 48 port 1gb switches, two of them are the quanta switches with the 10gb uplinks. I'm not super interested in selling these individually, I'd rather get rid...
  3. C

3x sl6500 chassis - 8x sl230s gen 8 nodes each - each node has 2x E5-2660 (8 c, 2.6 ghz) and 8 GB ddr3 ecc memory. (128 cores per chassis, 64 GB ram / chassis) - 3x 1200w platinum plus power supplies - (optional) r5/r7 240x / 340x gpus for each node - 3500$ per loaded chassis 1x dl580 gen...
  4. C

Looking for Advice - Filling C7000 blade chassis

no, they use ~200 watts per fan. I have 3 nodes running and it's burning 18 Amps at 210V. The fan uses 12V and up to ~15Amps.
  5. C

Looking for Advice - Filling C7000 blade chassis

Honestly, I just picked up one of these things. But the fans use ~200 watts each. at 2000 watts for just the cooling, I'm not sure this is the best for energy efficiency. I'd be curious to see what people suggest. Great price on the chassis though!
  6. C

Amazon warehouse deals pricing error? Buffalo terastation 5410 incl 16tb

I don't think it's a pricing error. price history on this item shows a steady decline in price over a few months.
  7. C

TP-Link 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ - $60

Lot of 2 Nortel Avaya 5698TFD-PWR 96 Port POE 1000Mb/s Gigabit Ethernet Switch | eBay I was seeing these go for really cheap last month or so. Even 100$ a switch isn't bad in my opinion if you really need "20" POE switches.
  8. C

I got the non poe model for 20$+ shipping. I know poe adds a bit, but I almost bought one by accident. It's not going to be new, but still, check out the 96 port poe switches. I'll find a link.
  9. C

I think you can get 48 Port ones on eBay for ~50-60$, but I could be wrong. Not exactly something I have a use for just yet.
  10. C

Different Power Supplies

Yeah, you can do that. Probably not worth the risk. I know I need 4x CPU ports, so either I find the right supermicro PSU, or I get a consumer one and split each CPU output into two CPU 8 pin plugs. I don't know if that's a good idea though. It is my understanding that they pull from the same...
  11. C

Different Power Supplies

Making it quiet isn't really the hard part right now, huge heatsinks, quiet fans will do the trick just fine. Sourcing components is rather difficult, as even finding motherboards is rather costly, and powering them looks to be difficult or requires custom wiring. Unfortunately that blade server...
  12. C

Different Power Supplies

So, I've been looking at some boards. I really would like to build a quad socket / 8 socket, quiet server. (Lga 2011). Looking at the available motherboards, I notice that the ones that use what appears to use an ATX power supply have 4 8pin cpu power inputs. Where do I find such a powersupply...
  13. C

Good E5-2670 deal?

50$ worth of ram. procs are ~50-100$ each. I don't really shop for dell stuff, but even at 700$, I wouldn't bite. Now he wants 880?
  14. C

Ebay - 1u Dual E5 2660 with 64gb 150$ obo

... freight shipping for a 1U. Probably should include to have it USPS shipping in the offer. Awesome find though!
  15. C

Intel Xeon E7-2870 SLC3U 2.4GHz 30MB 10-Core LGA1567 CPU $30

Also, that motherboard probably won't work without the rest of the system. Quad CPU machines are pretty complicated for Dell/HP, I have an HP equivalent and it has the motherboard, PCI Express board, PCI Express extender, IO board, and memory modules. Also, usually specific power connectors.
  16. C

Intel Xeon E7-2870 SLC3U 2.4GHz 30MB 10-Core LGA1567 CPU $30

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the 2 indicate dual CPU (1 QPI link). So it's a dual CPU for what can be quad CPU motherboards. I'll agree, it's a good price though.
  17. C

GPU Passthrough DL580-G7

FINAL UPDATE: So I got it working. If anyone else is running into this issue, here's what I did and what worked. ----------------GPU Passthrough The Sketchy Guide--------------------- Step 1, create a normal virtual machine through V-SPHERE (I made mine the latest version) DO NOT add a pci...
  18. C

GPU Passthrough DL580-G7

No luck. Still the same error message. Tried installing vmware tools in the guest OS, still nothing. Is there a way to over-ride error messages like that? (EDIT) Attempts to disable the videocard have not been successful. The video card is still marked as "active" and grayed out (See the first...
  19. C

GPU Passthrough DL580-G7

So, I ended up doing the following steps: Took the video card out. Turned the power off to the server, now it boots again. Re-installed ESXi. (ensured it was working) Added the videocard back to the system. So now, it is grayed out again, and it's disabled. (EDIT) and I can't toggle...
  20. C

GPU Passthrough DL580-G7

I'm not sure. I can't seem to do anything with the card. I tried showing that with screenshots. Maybe I could play with ssh, but now the server won't boot. It can't get past the raid controller screen. I did manage to move the gpu to the other slot by removing the bracket.