Search results

1. L

(US) 90 dollar Wyse 5070 Thin client/mini-server?

Crucial doesn't specify on their web site that it is double ranked. The memory isn't on any list I have found of compatible memory for the wyse. I don't have enough confidence that it will work to buy it.
  2. L

I didn't see release notes. Is 1.8.0 available now? I should update. It would be awesome to know what 'new generation' means...
  3. L

I am running bios 1.4.2 The memory is crucial 8gb ddr4-2666 1.2v cl19 CT8G4SFRA266 Not sure if it is dual rank. There are 8 memory chips. According to amazon, it is single rank :-( Perhaps that is the issue. What bios are you running, and how do you update it? I don't see a setting in the bios...
  4. L

I bought two 8gb ddr4 sodimms. I have tested both of them, and they will work when only one is installed. When I install both, the wyse 5070 won't POST. I tried with one 8gb and one 4gb, and still no POST. It is working well with two 4gb sodimms. According to dell support assist, there is no...
  5. L

eBay - 16GB PC3-10600 DDR3-1333MHz ECC REG RAM (IBM, Lot of 8) $90

Perhaps it is DDR3L memory, but not labelled as such? All the 16gb DDR3R I have, has heat spreaders. The DDR3L (registered) memory I have doesn't have heat spreaders. I am 99% sure the labels are not IBM.
  6. L

FOUND: Dual or Quad Port 1GigE PCI NIC

If you are in the con-us, I will do it for $20.
  7. L

FOUND: Dual or Quad Port 1GigE PCI NIC

I have an intel pro 1000 pt dual port and a intel pro 1000 pt quad port. both are working pulls. make me an offer.
  8. L

Found Xeon LGA 1366 4U active cooler for supermicro

I am looking for a cooler such as the SNK-P0040AP4 or SNK-P0035AP4.
  9. L

I will be running linux and windows. I was hoping to get some used sodimms cheaply...
  10. L

I got one of the J5005 ones. It was just like my J4105 one, except that it had 3 display ports, rather than the 2 display ports of the J4105. I am in the market for some ddr4 sodimms for mine, if anyone has some for sale...
  11. L

Found - WTB SATA M.2 drive 2280

Ended up buying a team 512gb from newegg. No dram, but on sale for $44.
  12. L

I haven't found one yet, so if someone has one for sale, or knows of a great deal, please let me know.
  13. L

AMD EPYC Rome CPU via HPE 'upgrade' very cheap

Mine came with a carrier, and I presume no blown fuses because it worked in a supermicro board. If I understand the fuses correctly, they get blown after being installed in a specific motherboard. You can always ask provantage... There was a 1U heatsink, but no torque wrench.
  14. L

I literally had it in my shopping cart, but someone else bought it before I checked it out :-(
  15. L

I need one for a dell/wyse thin client. I would prefer something between 250gb and 1tb. Please let me know what you have...
  16. L

SOLD: Two Dell 3050 USFF computers

See Upgrading My Dell Inspiron Micro 3050 Desktop for lots of details about these computers. They use the intel celeron J1800 2.41-2.58 ghz Max memory is 8gb (one stick of sodimm ddr3). One currently has 4gb and the other has 8gb. They come with a 32gb sata m2 drive, which I removed as it is...
  17. L

WTB [US-MA] 2U 2P Server v3/v4 CPUs Supermicro/Dell/HP/...

https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/several-apc-smart-ups-most-need-batteries-los-angeles.16581/
  18. L

WTB [US-MA] 2U 2P Server v3/v4 CPUs Supermicro/Dell/HP/...

I have a bunch of UPS's for sale. For rackmount, I have two 3000 va SMARTUPS's, one with decent batteries and one with batteries in poor shape. They won't be cheap to ship across the country however... As for the plug, I made an adapter so I could power it with a 15A circuit. No problem as long...
  19. L

WTB: Supermicro Black (Gen 5.5) Hot-Swap 3.5" Hard Drive Tray

I have 12 hard drive trays. I don't know what generation they are. How do I determine that. You can see pictures under my 2U supermicro server I posted for sale. https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/supermicro-2u-server-12-sata-hot-swap-racks-parting-out.29133/#post-275443
  20. L

The Supermicro H11SSL-I Rev. 2 issues thread

I want to set my minimum fan speed. I know the sensor is FAN2. I have installed the supermicro SMCIPMITool, but I can't figure out how to set the minimum fan speed, or even look at the fan speed settings. Is this the correct impitool, or is there a different one I should be using? Any help...