Search results

1. V

ES Xeon Discussion

Btw I found that string in latest BIOS version (2.10.5) but it is not present in first V4 supported version (2.0.1), you might try it. Theoretically you can trace and neuter code that check for the stepping, but firmware might be signed and of course you need to know what exactly you do.
  2. V

Cheap chinese x79 mobos

Perfectly fine temp, may be VRMs overheats (over 100c) if you have pyrometer, you can check them while on load.
  3. V

Cheap chinese x79 mobos

Run benchmark, check the thermals, but it might be as well bad psu, bad pcie or bad capacitor on mb.
  4. V

ES Xeon Discussion

Whatever available, I want to know what was changed in bios image. Hope you did not burn it, wish you luck :cool:
  5. V

ES Xeon Discussion

If anyone knows how to mod the 3.0 bios (and if it just adding microcode) or have a modded bios from seller, please share.
  6. V

ASRock Rack X570D4U

Definitely not an ITX board, full size mATX, if you look at the mounting spaces. It is shame they put pci-e x1 instead of pci-e x4. (and yes I see two m.2 slots). Using sata connectors instead of SAS HD also questionable. 12V design missing. AsrockRack was never good at IPMI, or reliable, or...
  7. V

Dell PowerEdge C8220 Build and Questions

Yeah, mezzanine is kinda mysterious. I read here , or on other 6100 thread, that at least 3 versions of look-same adapter exists, and they are not compatible. My board stoped to boot with mezzanine installed (both sas and sfp) when i did some rough experiments, so I have two adapters with same...
  8. V

Sun F40/F80 to Seagate WarpDrive firmware (RAID Mode)

Was anyone able to get full capacity by adjusting over-provisioning on these? I stopped caring about their health after I found they will work longer that my life expectancy, and want to get additional 100Gb. I tried to format my F40 and F80 with option 3 of ddcli - "Max capacity" but it it...
  9. V

Nice Deal $28 - Adaptec ASR-71605 PCI-E 3.0 x8 16 Port SAS Controller

Yes, what about phantom drives, never saw this kind of problem before. I can't use disk sentinel because of it.
  10. V

Transplanting new motherboard into HP Microserver gen8

Microserver Gen8 boots from internal usb 2.0 just fine, if you set partition as active and it is UEFI (I had ESXi 6.0 working there). USB 3.0 ports are on additional controller and not bootable. Sadly I sold the unit several years ago and can't test for sure. Try this instructions...
  11. V

der8auer combines a NUC 9 Compute Unit with a normal ATX motherboard

More like $4995, for $995 you get a aluminum case for it. It's not event powered by it, power connector is on top. Just holding it.
  12. V

der8auer combines a NUC 9 Compute Unit with a normal ATX motherboard

Waing for chinese clones in this form factor, they successfully cloned NUCs long time ago
  13. V

Not in the same RAID (or volume, whatever is lowest level) AFAIR
  14. V

I also encounter some strange RAW exposure in HBA mode, all disks are doubled as ATA or SAS clone and tools like Sentinel can't do any RAW work (scan, format). Web GUI can't do much apart from initialize the disk. Not event to create a array in RAID mode, all buttons grayed out. Maybe anyone...
  15. V

Seagate Constellation.2 SAS 1Tb 2.5 show 0 Mb and SMART support : No

Bought a "referbushed" drive as a spare, it got detected but with 0 mb. Anything I can do to fix it? Is it dead? Update: Ok it might be a seagate LBA 0 firmware bug, i guess it is dead then.
  16. V

Cheap chinese x79 mobos

Chinese build boards with h310 that support all 7-9 gens of CPU, what is absolutely impossible according to intel pr department. And Coffemod showed that limiting factor is BIOS support and Intel ME that effectivly blocking any "unsupported" processors (like Xeons or next gen same die CPUs). I...
  17. V

Cheap chinese x79 mobos

Some of them even B85 (haswell) chipset now. Luckily memory support and core support does not relate to north bridge anyhow. Sometimes boards are just faulty, and QA of them is bit lower than from Asus for example.
  18. V

Any way to enable MaxCache on it?
  19. V

ES Xeon Discussion

All right I have a question now, is Xeon Phis 7200 that currently selling at celeron prices (60-80 USD for 72 atom cores with 16 Gb ram already integrated as additional channels if I read it correctly) can be run at regular (ie supermicro) motherboards? Also if motherboard states it support...
  20. V

HP ProLiant ML310 G4 support for x3200 quad core?

Hi there, I wonder if anyone still remember if ML310 G4 motherboard that stated that it support only X3000 dual cores also can run x3200 processors? It certainly can't run x3400 and x5400 I tired that long time ago. x3200 seems to be same gen as X3000 so may be it a way to go, but it is so old...