Search results

1. S

Western Digital Red 16 TB $279.99 and 18 TB $319.99

Not bad for a 5yr warranty drive. Too bad the 18TB are already out of stock.
  2. S

16TB Seagate Expansion $274.99 (Exos x16)

Nope, no DOA for me except one 8tb and that was probably due to poor shipping packaging. In fact, I would be willing to bet that even the newegg DOAs are all related to shipping damage versus just normal drive failure. Keep in mind that the drives in those enclosures are for some reason not...
  3. S

16TB Seagate Expansion $274.99 (Exos x16)

I have 6x of the real 16tb exos 5yr warranty I bought a few months back and 2x of the 8tb versions and all have been solid. They have been similar to the enterprise HGST drives I have.
  4. S

Ruckus R610 Great deal 3x3 radio 802.11ac Wave 2 $99 each .

Awesome deal for enterprise goodness! Hopefully more will pop up at this price. :)
  5. S

Helium 8TB SATA HDD for $157

That's not really new then. Because a truly new drive will have a proof of purchase that gives you a 5 year warranty from the date of purchase, no matter how long it's sat on a shelf. What you're talking about is 'new old stock', which is generally not under warranty because it's eol.
  6. S

Yep, your and my definition of new is the same. Gotcha. So these aren't new then.
  7. S

Agreed but this is a stand-alone company that would directly have to answer to customers and not be able to hide behind ebay. Hence, why I was asking about the whole 'remainder warranty' thing to understand if this is something other companies do too and what the caveats are of such devices...
  8. S

Okay, besides the obvious--it is literally just the remainder of a factory warranty? And if this is the case, how can the drive be called new?
  9. S

What is a remainder warranty? I've not heard of that before.
  10. S

So then are they not new? Because a new drive would have 5yr warranty from the date of purchase with proof of purchase from an authorized distributor. The warranty based on the serial number probably would be 2024.
  11. S

Nice find, but these are being sold with only a 3yr warranty for some reason when the datasheet on them says 5yrs. Anyone have any experience with this vendor or this sale? They're also 4Kn if that matters. For me it's pretty tempting as 4Kn drives are usually special order.
  12. S

WTS: (US) Samsung 1.92TB PM863a Enterprise SSD

Any warranty left on these?
  13. S

US - STH Perpetual Freebies Thread

Mystery card is a Syba PEX24041 Realtek 8111H based card: https://www.sybausa.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=130
  14. S

EU WTB: RAM DDR3 ECC 16GB 1333MHz/1600MHz (12x 16GB = 192GB)

Do you have a preference of LRDIMMs or RDIMMs?
  15. S

DEAD: HGST SSD1600MM - HUSMM1640ASS201 - 400GB US $47.95 OBO

The horror movie for the serve the home crowd--"Fifty Shades of Brick"--coming soon to a streaming platform near you. :eek:
  16. S

DDR3 DDR4 RAM price trends thread.

Me too! I remember listings on here for $25/ea and wish I would have loaded up then. I purposely didn't telling myself, 'oh they will be cheaper in the future so you don't need them now'. Never again. I'm buying with my gut instinct like I usually do--brain has no say-so anymore. :D
  17. S

DDR3 DDR4 RAM price trends thread.

Dammit I want to see these prices again! Crazy that over a year later prices are nearly double for the same thing. :oops:
  18. S

EU WTS: Intel P3500 2TB U.2 / SFF-8639 NEW

Gotcha. Usually it's in the post hence the question. :)
  19. S

FS-OH: Homelab Cleanup - Dell Micro, NUC, Thin Clients + Hardware

Yay! My old CS24-SC uses that memory. :D yhpm!
  20. S

FS-OH: Homelab Cleanup - Dell Micro, NUC, Thin Clients + Hardware

Pics of the ram? Were they working when last used?