Search results

1. A

Supermicro 5019S-ML $131.99 + Shipping

I managed to place an order but no.confirmation and no charge on my card. Last time this happened with CDW I had to inquire about the order a week or two later. They just said “sorry that item is no longer available”.
  2. A

WD Elements external 10TB drive $159

In for 2. Again. Thanks!
  3. A

Are there 2.5GBase-T SFP+ modules?

It is a large house but two AP’s cover a majority. Just want more even coverage and some outdoor spill of Wi-Fi.
  4. A

If anyone is interested, Amazon has the 4x4 version of these listed for $199, but they are backordered. I bought some more to blanket the house in AX goodness. I have plenty of attic space to run wires for new AP locations. Any recommendations on how to determine e where to put these other than...
  5. A

Mine are up and running. After upgrading the switch/controller firmware, it was a piece of cake. Very fast 600Mbps speeds up close but drop off significantly with distance. Pretty good range though, subjectively.
  6. A

Gotcha. I didn’t realize power could be injected over a greater than 1Gbps copper line...
  7. A

I guess you plan on plugging these in for power rather than POE then. The Engenius switch/controllers might make configuration simpler, though for a couple switches probably not an issue. I’ve got to manage 5!
  8. A

Do these happen to be the Engenius EWS357AP or EWS377AP? I picked up a couple “demo” units after my Ruckus ZoneDirector 1100 died during a power outage. They’re coming in tomorrow. I needed an excuse to try something beyond 802.11n (Wi-Fi 4?). Other Enterprise gear seemed much more pricey.
  9. A

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Ok, sorry guys...
  10. A

Or you could buy one premade for $12 shipped from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01N0LMWGQ/ref=ppx_yo_mob_b_inactive_ship_o0_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  11. A

Brocade ICX6450-C12-PD L3 PoE switch. Auction, no bids yet, ~2hrs remaining, starting: $105

The data sheet for the 6450 series states that stacking is not supported on the C models, in case that’s what you meant by “playing nice” with existing Brocade setups. It would have to be managed independently.
  12. A

Ruckus R600 Open Box $160 shipped

I’m happy with my setup, don’t get me wrong. Just contemplating upgrading to AC. Last I checked R700’s were still too much, but $100 would be doable. I need more than a couple.
  13. A

Ruckus R600 Open Box $160 shipped

I would jump on this if I didn't already have an older Ruckus ZD1100 with 7982's in place. The EOL ZD1100 doesn't support anything newer than the R700, and it seems the R600 is newer. Waiting for a deal like this on some R700's but by then I may be better off running newer AP's unleashed!
  14. A

[BACK IN STOCK 20190412] 16GB 2Rx4 PC3-14900R $29.99 OBO

Great deal, best I saw about 6m ago was $40-45 each!
  15. A

Best Buy WD 10TB w Flash Drive $169.99, now $159.99

That was it. Thanks! In for two...
  16. A

Best Buy WD 10TB w Flash Drive $169.99, now $159.99

In store only? Online showing $199 in south Texas...
  17. A

I have a general network configuration question and have three 6450 switches in different locations because some parts of the house are old and others newer. Currently internet comes into the house via cable company into a first floor closet. This is nowhere near the rest of the equipment so...
  18. A

BestBuy - WD - Easystore 10TB with 32GB Flash Drive - $180

I think he might be referring to breaking off the pin on the drive.
  19. A

Bestbuy - WD 8tb $130

I’m in for a couple for my backup server. Thanks!
  20. A

Xeon E5-2695V2 SR1BA 2.40GHz 30MB 8 GT/s QPI CPU $180

Hilarious! I went through the same conversation with myself on those micron drives but reason won out...