Search results

1. A

How can I check SSD's TBW in ESXi?

I have an SSD mounted in an Dell Optiplex Micro running ESXi 6.7.0 with an Ubuntu VM. I just use a single SSD. I'd like to check the TBW of this SSD but the last mention I can find to do this in ESXi was in 2016. A tool on Virten.net that is no longer supported. I can't check SMART from Ubuntu...
  2. A

Help with adding storage to R720

Hi, I'd like to add some additional storage to an R720 LFF (8 bay). What is the most economical way to add additional storage. I understand the easiest way is to add a Dell PowerVault but I'd like to try to just add an LSI HBA to the R720 and expand off that's to a JBOD or DAS. I have some...
  3. A

Questions on updating iDRAC firmware safely (R720)

Good evening all. I picked up an R720 last month with an iDRAC7 active Enterprise license and would like to update the iDRAC firmware. The current firmware version is: 1.57.57 (Build 04), last updated Oct 2 09:17:51 2014 I see the latest version is: iDRAC with Lifecycle Controller v. 2.63.60.62...
  4. A

Supermicro X10 mATX board and Hyper 212 EVO?

Anyone happen to know if the Supermicro X10 boards in Micro-ATX are compatible with a Hyper 212 EVO cooler? Fit wise. Specifically the X10SRM-TF. I'm aware of the PWM fan issues. I'm just concerned with fit. (I have this cooler already so hopefully it fits) X10SRM-TF | Motherboards |...
  5. A

Will this work to connect my JBODs?

Hello, this is my first post. Please excuse me if it's not the appropriate forum. I'm putting a couple HDD JBOD enclosures in my DIY cabinet rack. I'm a little confused as of how to best connect the JBOD to the server which will set a few feet away. Here's a pic of the mini server cabinet...