Search results

1. B

ASRock ROMED8-2T SATA Connection Problem

I also have this MB, and my SATA drives work when connected to OCuLink connector with the cable included in the MB box (in ESXI) I updated the BIOS before trying anything to v1.3
  2. B

OmniOS 151036 stable

Is it better if you try to mount it with cifs:// instead of smb:// - just to test if smb1 works as it was
  3. B

OmniOS 151036 stable

It indeed is slow (very) if you are using it on a not directly supported graphics card. After they started using the new installer it became incredibly slow. You can fix it by running: echo boot_resolution=off > /boot/conf.d/vga or echo boot_resolution=800x600x8 > /boot/conf.d/vga reboot and...
  4. B

OmniOS 151036 stable

Does Napp-it now support resuming of zfs send/receive ?
  5. B

SNMP Monitoring using Grafana for Brocade Switches ?

Wow :) Thank you for the info, that is really great!
  6. B

SNMP Monitoring using Grafana for Brocade Switches ?

Anyone using Grafana with prometheus or InfluxDB to monitor the Brocade ICX switches (temperature, traffic, port status etc)? I found a few things but nothing "ready" to use. I find this very interesting to have a great overview of all the metrics in home lab. prometheus/snmp_exporter...
  7. B

Which CPU for fast Wordpress server? (Threadripper or Epyc)

Actually what I have here is more of a shared hosting situation, perhaps 3 or 4 sites with higher traffic and then some 150 or so of almost no traffic sites that just have to work + 500 or so mailboxes (with IMAP). All of this on 3 VMs. Surprisingly, as you said, even my current CPU is not so...
  8. B

It took me a while to read all the info on your page you linked. Great stuff. Thank you!
  9. B

I have an older (Dual Xeon X5670 ) setup from which I am running some web sites, and now I want to get something new. I am looing at Epyc vs Threadripper mainboards to replace this old one and keep the case and drives I have now. TR has so much higher clock that I do not believe memory...
  10. B

ASRock Rack 1U10E-ROME/2T Review AMD EPYC 1U 10x NVMe Server

Anyone got one of these? Can NVME drives be individually passthrough in ESXI ?
  11. B

NVME PM963 2.5" 960GB $300

Here seems to be sortof a solution, probably can be adapted https://blog.muwave.de/2019/09/samsung-ssd-resurrection/
  12. B

6 port Intel i350 PCIe Card $46.99 and less for qty

Why do you pass them thorugh to PFsense? Any speed difference?
  13. B

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

ok, there are two versions rev.1 and rev.2 of Mikrotik S+RJ10. The R2 supports jumbo, R1 does not. I don't even need to go to look on mine which rev. they are....
  14. B

Ok, I think I found out what is wrong. This is bad. Very bad. I am using mikrotik sfp+ ports into rj45 10gbE copper adapters ( S+RJ10 ) These do not support jumbo frames? Check the forum posts below: https://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?t=132246 This is the only thing that could be...
  15. B

I have MTU set to 9000 on both esxi, interestingly when connected with direct cable, I get 840Mb/s NFS disk transfer speed, with MTU 1500 it drops to 340Mb/s or so, therefore I want to use this. I will go and recheck again... btw, is there a quick way to set all of the rest interfaces to...
  16. B

All I did was run 'jubmo and reload on layer 3 routing fw too, all ports are now set to 10200. I dont have any VE, I just tried with a vlan with 2 ports, connecting two MTU9000 esxi vkernel vswitches. I can't ping from esxi (vmkping) with large frames to other one. If I connect them directly...
  17. B

I cant make anything larger than 1500 MTU to work, I gave up, sadly :( Perhaps I have something wrong, but this seems that just doesn't work.
  18. B

Seems you got this figured out,. This is how far I am now - I set the jumbo already, and reload (nice to do when in production), now what I want to do is to have it pass 9000 frames - which it just doesn't - on a few interfaces in one VLAN, I dont have any ve IP address assigned. Should I ...
  19. B

I used the global command 'jumbo' to enable it, and then tried to lower individual interfaces one by one, but it does not change the MTU down at all, it just stays at the max of 10200
  20. B

I do not see the MTU change if I do the show interface. It just stays at MTU 10200, I can set it to whatever I want and it will still not change. Any setting that can prevent it to change?