Search results

1. P

Gigabit + 10Gb Switches under $550

Thank you, this is valuable info - all things considered, it seems like the S3900-F4FS is the option to choose. Kind of unfortunate that the Mikrotik opted to go with L2 only switches but that's what it is.
  2. P

Thanks for the confirmation. Does Mikrotik have any parts in their inventory with ASICs?
  3. P

Any thoughts on the FS.COM's S3900-24F4S? I am close to pulling the trigger for a core switch purpose as I am unaware of similarly priced alternatives with 4xSFP+ and plenty of SFP ports (the wiring in the house is entirely fibre optics - with the exclusion of WiFI APs and security cameras). Two...
  4. P

Superchassis CSE-505-203B a + M11SDV - compatibility issues?

Thank you both - after wasting time dremeling the existing IO plate, I judged it just isn't worth the risk of contaminating the board with metal particles, so I'll order these parts.
  5. P

Gotcha - maybe I'll try this. Curious that after my repeated email exchange with Supermicro support about this very issue prior to purchase, they never mentioned this - their support claimed the chassis is compatible with the lineup I was interested in and that they'll be updating the product...
  6. P

Thanks. That one might fit but isn't the one which is used on the AS-5019D. And the price is eyewatering. Have you tried this yourself?
  7. P

So I ran into a bit of an embarrassing issue yesterday - it seems like Superchassis CSE-505-203B (despite Supermicro's claims) isn't really fully compatible with their EPYC 3000 motherboards. As you can see in the attached images, the IO panel seems not to support the layout of their...
  8. P

M11SDV* ECC memory module compatibility

Outstanding, thanks again for the reply and your help.
  9. P

Thanks, that's great news, so it doesn't have to be necessarily the exact same memory the Supermicro has tested with - glad to hear the boards are not picky (I am assuming it's the same thing with 4C as they seem pretty much identical). BTW, I see you've solved your issue by with temperatures...
  10. P

I am specifically targeting MBD-M11SDV-4C-LN4F-O and MBD-M11SDV-8C-LN4F-O for use in my homelab environment and would absolutely target ECC modules - any guidance which to choose? Even better if existing users of these EPYC 3000 boards chime in. More precisely: - for MBD-M11SDV-4C-LN4F-O -> I...