Search results

1. T

EU Mellanox SX6036 36ports QSFP €150

Thanks for the HP Link, will definitly have a good use for that :) I really cant await mine.. Yesterday i have received the qsfp cables from fs, now i am missing the network cards but they are coming from the USA and are currently departed from the JFK airport. And thats just because you cant...
  2. T

i also hope everything is okay with them. have bought 2 for standard price *g* and ordered 4 hpe 544 qsfp nic from america because those were much cheaper than one cx354a from europe..
  3. T

Thank you again :)
  4. T

i have bought it now, lets see when it arrives :) I want to buy the correct cables beforehand from fs.com. Do i buy passive DAC Mellanox branded ones when i want to connect them to some HP Cards, or should i buy only Mellanox branded Receivers and HP Receivers for the network cards and the...
  5. T

So that's a yes right? I am really tempted to jump into 40Gbit Networking :D
  6. T

Is the Ethernet license easily "available" or only purchaseable?
  7. T

Hey, looks good. Can the switch be updated normally? I mean is it running Mellanox OS? Can the ports be configured as Ethernet with QSFP cables? (to connect them with those cheap HP FLR qsfp network cards)
  8. T

Firewall recommendations

I hope they dont change that now because i wanted Sophos in terms of easy usability for a first time user... that would be a bummer :(
  9. T

LSI RAID Controller - HBA Equivalency Mapping

Hy, I couldn't find any information on a SAS2308 Chipset, are you sure about that? I checked the LSI Homepage and the Intel Homepage and it seems that the Intel Raid Controller is based off the LSI MegaRAID 9285-8e which contains a LSI2208 Chip. Greets :)
  10. T

LSI RAID Controller - HBA Equivalency Mapping

Hello, long time reader here and now registered to share some thoughts about the IBM cards. I noted some differences between the IBM 5014, 5015 rebranded from LSI 9260-8i. Both the M5014 and M5015 lacks in term of Raid 6/60 support. If you need those you have to buy an ServeRAID M5000 Series...