Search results

1. E

Have I Lost My Mind? - New to me house needs network drops. Server rack in the garage...

In a couple weeks, my wife and I close on a house in Middle Tennessee. The house is 4-5 bedroom and 2,540 sq ft, has a 2-car garage, has attic space, and is built on a slab. The house currently has NO networking ran into it at the moment, and I intend to change that in a couple days following...
  2. E

FS: HP DL380 Gen9s & Gen8 Servers, D2600 & D3600 Storage Enclosures With Drives

Cross-posting this from r/homelabsales. The items below are for sale. I reviewed ebay pricing and believe the prices listed are fair, but I'm not trying to gouge anyone, so if something is unreasonably priced, please tell me and let me know why. Price includes shipping (via FedEx) to the...
  3. E

Maximize Data Transfers Between Two NAS' (with 10GbE)

I have two NAS builds with an H310 HBA (IT mode), ASRock E3C224 mobo, i3-1241v3 CPU, 32GB RAM, Chenbro NR40700 chassis, Mellanox Connectx-3 CX312A 10GbE NICs, and 24x HGST NAS 4TB drives (software RAID6). I just migrated from a Supermicro SC846 chassis with the SAS2 backplane which exhibited the...
  4. E

[FS] 3x Dell/Samsung 1.92TB 12Gbps Enterprise SSDs

I just posted this on r/homelabsales, but figured I'd give it a shot here as well! 3x Dell/Samsung MZILS1T9HCHP-000D4 pulled early from production and used in my lab for about 6 months. Seeing as these are the 12Gbps model, I'm looking to get $500 each (shipped free to the continental US)...
  5. E

New Chenbro NR40700 chassis - Very slow transfer speeds

Edit: Resolved. Mods please delete thread.
  6. E

New Hynix 1.92TB SATA SSD - $179.99

New HP / SK Hynix 1.92TB 2.5-inch 7mm SATA III MLC (6.0Gb/s) Solid State Drive | eBay I'm considering getting 8 or so for myself, but am not sure if this is genuinely too good to be true. Really seems like a killer deal if it is worth it.
  7. E

[FS] Intel Xeon E5-2630v3 CPU

The ebay listing is below for my Intel Xeon E5-2630v3. I'm looking to get about $350 for it, but am open to reasonable offers! Shipping is free via USPS. Intel Xeon E5-2630V3 (E5-2630 V3) 2.4GHz Eight Core (8c/16t) Processor 735858285339 | eBay
  8. E

DAC compatible with Cisco P81E VIC and Ubiquiti US-16-XG

I ordered some SFP-H10GB-CU3M compatible (supposedly) DACs from fs.com, and although they're nice and thin, and work with my Mellanox Connectx-3 cards in my NAS', they are not compatible with my P81E 10GbE cards in my UCS servers. Can anyone recommend a good DAC in 3-5m distances to connect my...
  9. E

WTB: Supermicro board with lower power CPU and IPMI

I'm looking for a Supermicro motherboard with a lower power CPU (maybe an E3v5 or something similar) that has enough PCI slots for a Mellanox Connectx-3 and an H310 HBA, and has IPMI. I'm looking to put this in a SAN to run Expenology. Reasonable alternatives will be considered.
  10. E

WTB: 3 or 6 small capacity, enterprise SSDs

My boot flash drives are starting to cause issues in my 3 home ESXi hosts, and I'm wanting to replace them with SSDs, but am not yet sure if I want to run a single SSD or 2 in RAID 1 in each host. Let me know what you have and if they're production pulls, how much read/write has been performed...
  11. E

FS: Supermicro 2u X10DRI-B Dual LGA2011 Server

I built this at the end of last year but have since decided to use 3x Cisco UCS servers for my hosts. Specs: 1x CSE-216 SAS2 24-bay 2U chassis with SAS2-216EL1 backplane 1x Supermicro X10DRI-B Dual LGA2011 EATX Mobo 1x Supermicro Active CPU Heatsink SNK-P0048AP4 1x Intel E5-2630v3 2.4GHz...
  12. E

WTB: 3x 1u Servers for ESXi/KVM

I'm looking for the best deal on 3x 1u dual CPU servers with a budget of $1500 total for the lot. I'd like to run a number of prod/non-prod VMs in the homelab for learning VMware and/or KVM. I'm a fan of Supermicro and Dell, but I'm having difficulty finding the best deal on a dual CPU system...
  13. E

WTB: 1TB+ 2.5" Enterprise/NAS HDDs

I'm looking to find some (4-6, depending on price) NAS or Enterprise grade hard drives, at 1TB or greater, in the 2.5" variety. Does anyone have anything to sell or recommendations on what drives I should look for? I'm not a big fan of Seagate. Thank you!
  14. E

Backup Server Powering On By Itself?

NAS02 Server specs: OS: Windows Server 2016 Chassis: Supermicro SC846E16-R1200B PSU: Redundant 920W PWS-920P-1R 80PLUS Platinum Mobo: ASRock E3C224 ATX CPU: Intel E3-1241v3 3.5GHz RAM: 32 GB Kingston 4x8 GB DDR3 ECC Unbuffered KVR16E11/8 NIC: Mellanox ConnectX-2 (Directly connected to my...
  15. E

It's time to upgrade my M5015s

I have a hypervisor and two NAS systems I built. Each server is built in a Supermicro chassis with SAS2 backplane, and I'm currently using IBM M5015s with BBUs for each server. The cards have performed well, and I haven't experienced any real issues when them. However, each NAS currently has 14x...
  16. E

Help With New Hypervisor Build

I'm browsing this forum all the time, but I've finally come around to start a thread. I currently have two home-built E3-based servers in my home lab (seen here) that both have dual roles - hypervisor and NAS. I'm getting rather limited by what I can do, and would like to build a dedicated...