Search results

1. Necrotyr

Beware of EMC switches sold as Mellanox SX6XXX on eBay

Both those pictures are QSFT+ to SFP+ adapters, I think he's just trying to show it accepts other modules.
  2. Necrotyr

Did anyone ever manage to disable the 512e function on HGST HUSMM1600 series SAS3 drives?

How did you go about changing the speed? The page in the image that is with the install files is not shown when I look at one of my drives. EDIT: I have found the setting now, but setting the max to 11 does not change the negotiated speed from 10 :-(
  3. Necrotyr

Limits on SAS speed Supermicro Backplane BPN-SAS-826A

@BLinux do you have a link to the cables you're using? The ones I currently have won't even negotiate 12G with my backplane :(
  4. Necrotyr

HP SAS Expander Wiki

Anyone know of an SFF-8643 to SFF-8087 cable that'll negotiate 12G/SAS3? With my current cables I can't get my HP 12G expander to negotiate higher than 6G with SAS3 SSD's connected to it. HBA is an Dell HBA330.
  5. Necrotyr

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Are the ports admin shutdown?
  6. Necrotyr

Guess I'm going back to routing in my pfsense :(
  7. Necrotyr

Well... device(config)# router pim device(config-if-e1000-1/1/22)#ip pim Don't work, but I'm not sure if any of the commands will show up when I can't even enable PIM. (config)#show license Index Lic Mode Lic Name Lid/Serial No Lic Type Status Lic Period Lic...
  8. Necrotyr

I don't seem to have even half of the commands listed in that PDF :-/
  9. Necrotyr

Any of you guys know if it's possible to do multicast routing on 6450? Since I configured my 6450 as L3 switch between my vlans I've had problems playing games that need portforwarding/upnp my pfsense box did this before, but since it's not in the same broadcast domain anymore it obviously...
  10. Necrotyr

Why is the chassis fan speed only 8%, is that 8% above minimum?
  11. Necrotyr

@SGS I've now had time to edit the tc file for my SX6018. I edited all the 00 28 00 0A 00 28 to 00 1C 00 0A 00 1C I also edited the other occurences in the tables (some 3C and 32 values instead of 28). The fan module quietened down to around 6800rpm, but sadly the PSU fans are ignoring the...
  12. Necrotyr

X10QBI and v3/v4 cpus (e.g. supermicro sys-4048b-trft)

Iirc E7-48XX supports a max of 4 sockets while E7-88XX supports 8 sockets.
  13. Necrotyr

The guide works for other types of the switch, but we've only been able to find the TC values for the SX6012 for now, until we find the values for the 18 and 32 switches I'd rather let people modify the file themselves.
  14. Necrotyr

I've updated the guide to v1.2 to include fan speed change on SX6012, it's been updated on both Sharepoint and dl.hjemmelab.com - /
  15. Necrotyr

@seanxu the guide and base image can be found here: https://hjemmelab.sharepoint.com/:f:/s/ITTeamSite/Eoiku2IseTRJs9gzp3OqzUcBNa3OrwVzkFULIzI2NyJIaw?e=bzv69L Probably gonna leave it on Sharepoint for the foreseeable future.
  16. Necrotyr

Only modified the TC file like you write here, I'll update the guide when I get home. Not sure, didn't measure it, but the PSU on my shutdown R630 is louder. It's down because I'm upgrading my freenas to SAS3, will hopefully be up later today. Never got around to talk to Fodeesha about...
  17. Necrotyr

I can confirm @up3up4's findings on my SX6012, sweet sweet silence! ORG21-SW-XLG01 [standalone: master] # sh fan ===================================================== Module Device Fan Speed Status (RPM)...
  18. Necrotyr

Do you have a method to do this, or is it old fashioned manual way?
  19. Necrotyr

The SX6018 I'm testing on is completely idle, no cables connected at all.