Search results

1. Zack Hehmann

PSOD Woes

Let's say I move to a bigger USB drive, would this be a good method to backup the settings so I can be back to where I was with the smaller flashdrive? I'm certain I have used this before, but I'm not sure what you guys use or have done. I thought that I read that increasing the local disk...
  2. Zack Hehmann

PSOD Woes

Host is still up and running past the time it was getting before. Unfortunately there isn't a way to determine what the real cause is since I listed the three things that were changed. I'm trying to figure out what to do next. Should I delete some unused vibs? I don't have an easy way to...
  3. Zack Hehmann

PSOD Woes

I also came across this site. I used the ISO from VMware directly and did not use a vendor ISO. Because I'm so close the the PSOD timser, I might want and see if time passes with out the kernel panic happening. The vib removal process requires a host reboot, so I'm going to wait until 2 days is...
  4. Zack Hehmann

PSOD Woes

I copied the latest vib to the ESXi host to the /tmp directory. Following Intel's install guide I get that I don't have enough space on the host? [root@localhost:/vmfs/volumes/5d2c2764-c92001c4-6083-90b11c154990] esxcli software acceptance get PartnerSupported...
  5. Zack Hehmann

PSOD Woes

I was able to find this VMware ESXi 6.5 intel-nvme-vmd 1.8.0.1001 NVMe Driver for Intel dated 2019-06-24 I feel like several things that I changed that were mentioned in my first post. e.g. cpu upgrade, vCenter server install, e.t.c. so I'm not trying to change a bunch of things all at once. I...
  6. Zack Hehmann

PSOD Woes

Here is the output from my host. [root@localhost:~] esxcli software vib list |grep nvme intel-nvme 1.3.2.8-1OEM.650.0.0.4598673 INT VMwareCertified 2019-05-03 mx-nvme 1.0.50.0-1OEM.600.0.0.2768847 MAN...
  7. Zack Hehmann

PSOD Woes

Link to PSOD screenshots.
  8. Zack Hehmann

PSOD Woes

No, I have not. What would I do to show what driver I'm currently using? Also what would I need to do to update the driver?
  9. Zack Hehmann

PSOD Woes

All I have been receiving PSOD errors on one of my hosts at home. This has been going on for about a month. Usually the host will stay up for 1 day and 15 hours before doing a kernel dump. I reduced the number of VMs running to just the vCenter server and it still crashes. The error is PF...
  10. Zack Hehmann

LG 27inch Freesync IPS 4K monitor $419 from Newegg

Can anyone tell me what the point of FreeSync is when it's a 60Hz panel? I really like the display, but if I go 4K, I'm going to try and get something more than 60Hz Since that's what I have and I play FPS games. I heard that having higher clocked panels is supposed to be the bees knees, but I...
  11. Zack Hehmann

How Does Microsoft ID Motherboard for Windows 10 Upgrade

Thanks for the suggestions. Turns out that when I swapped the BIOS chips, the ID that Microsoft uses to identify board was in the BIOS chip and activated Win 10 Pro automatically. I don't know if anyone on the internet discovered it already, but when I searched google for it, I wasn't able to...
  12. Zack Hehmann

Power Issues with HP ProLiant DL380 G7

I have an HP ProLiant DL380 G7 that is such a pain to turn on. Pushing the power button on the front of the server doesn't turn it on. I even tried turning it on using the power button while logged into the iLO. When I first got it, I ended up pulling out the front power panel and verifying...
  13. Zack Hehmann

How Does Microsoft ID Motherboard for Windows 10 Upgrade

Hello all, I had a motherboard fail on me. I had done a Windows 10 free upgrade with it. I'm curious what ID Microsoft is using to identify the motherboard. I ended up making a post on reddit. I thought you guys might be more knowledgeable. Here is my post - Link to the reddit post. Thanks...
  14. Zack Hehmann

Alcatel-Lucent/NOKIA 7210 D SAS Image

Hello all, I have an Alcatel-Lucent/NOKIA 7210 D SAS switch that was given to me. I was wanting to use in in my lab. My friend factory defaulted the device before giving it to me. He doesn't have access to any of the images as the device was sent to him for scrap and they don't ues NOKIA...
  15. Zack Hehmann

Good Router/Firewall for MultiWAN-VPN-Setup

Take a look at VyOS – an open source linux-based os for routers and firewalls Let me know what you think..? I think you can win this in GNS3 pretty easily as an appliance that you import. You could do a proof of concept and report your findings. I would love to see your results. It has a Cisco...
  16. Zack Hehmann

Simple LAN to wifi adapter (with no power brick).

I think all of these options will work. I don't think the ubiquity is a great stilton, but it will work, you still need to get a poe injector to go with it though. There are two suggestions for a wireless bridge device. That should work just fine, but they need configuring before you can use...
  17. Zack Hehmann

Dell Optiplex 790 support VT-d

I have Dell Optiplex 790. I bought it for $40. It has an i3-2120, 250 GB HDD, and 2 X 2 Gb of DDR3. I'm planning on using it for an ESXi box for Zoneminder and pfSense. I'm wanting to utilize VT-d so I could pass a network card to pfSense. I am looking at buying an i5-2390T for lower wattage...
  18. Zack Hehmann

Bought a New SSD - Want to Verify SMART Info

Hey guys, I just purchased a Samsung 850 Evo 1TB SSD off of eBay the other day. Here is the link. The seller had it listed as used, and that it was used less than a week. I checked the SMART info using CrystalDiskInfo and HDD Sentinel. When I originally looked at the drive a few...
  19. Zack Hehmann

Help with RAID 0 Array

Sounds like fun! I have images of all 3 drives. I have been doing some googling on the topic. I stumbled across this.
  20. Zack Hehmann

Help with RAID 0 Array

I ordered a H310 off of ebay and flased it to IT firmware. I ended up imaging all (3) 300GB drived using gddrescue. None of the 3 drives I imaged reported any errors during the imaging process. I made images of the first 2 drives straight to each 3TB drive. The last one that was having issues, I...