Search results

1. optimans

PSA: Errors with Intel® Solid State Drive DC S4510 and S4610 Series

Thought I'd better share this, after suffering 2 failed drives due to a firmware bug; lucky for Intel's worldwide warranty. If you have these drives, recommend updating to MR1 firmware asap. Errors with Intel® Solid State Drive DC S4510 and S4610 Series What are you seeing? The drive is...
  2. optimans

Cockpit ZFS Manager [0.3.3.404 Now Available]

Cockpit ZFS Manager An interactive ZFS on Linux admin package for Cockpit. WARNING! Cockpit ZFS Manager is currently pre-release software. Use at your own risk! Requirements Cockpit: 201+ NFS (Optional) Samba: 4+ (Optional) ZFS: 0.8+ 0.3.3.404 Now Available (09-08-2020)...
  3. optimans

Microsemi Adaptec HBA 1100 PCI Passthrough ESXi

Been looking at the 1100-16i HBA from Microsemi. It says that it is supported in Solaris. Has anyone got one of these type of HBA's? and does the PCI passthrough work properly in the VM? Or does it have the same issue as the LSI SAS 3 HBA's? Thanks
  4. optimans

[Solved] Soft Errors with Napp-It 18.06+ and Solaris 11.4

Hey All/Gea, Having a slight issue with the latest Napp-It packages with 18.06 and above. When using Napp-It, each time it gets information from the SAS cards (9211-8i x2), soft errors are present on connected drives, and increasing as I use the web interface. No errors reported in dmesg or...
  5. optimans

ZFS Pool I/O Read Errors

Hi, hoping someone can shed some light on this for me. I seem to be getting pool read errors on a couple of pools. Not on the devices themselves (top-level). Running a scrub gives no errors and no repairs. however the read i/o count keeps increasing. Smart tests show ok. Looking at pool info...