Search results

1. F

Mellanox SX6036 Rail kit part #

Can anyone tell me what the part numbers for the Rail kits are for this switch, I have been looking and I have done google searches but can only find articles in relation to the whole switch being supplied with the Rail kit, not purchasing it separately.
  2. F

Regarding Rack Rails.

I have noticed that vendors tend to offer Rack Rails for mounting their systems under their own names ( quite often at inflated prices ), I have also noticed that thre are rails that have been advertised as being universal. Can you use rack inner/outer rails from one vendor with those of...
  3. F

Supermicro BMC2 management controller card

Can the above be used on regular desktop boards to provide BMC services or is it only an upgrade for supermicro boards that have no/or bad BMCs
  4. F

Just brought a brand new 42RU 600 Wide 800 Deep rack for $215.50 USD

Well yeah I just brought a big boys toy for $215.50 USD the crazy thing is it's going to cost me $319 USD to get it here LOL, I look forward to getting it all set up and realized I posted this in the wrong place, sorry admins.
  5. F

This is going sound a bit backwards 3.5->2.5 mounting bracket.

I have a NVR which is part of my CCTV system, the NVR comes with domes in it on which you can mount a 2.5 inch hard drive, the problem is 2.5 inch hard drive barring some of the Seagate ones which I am not enamored with use SMR and I don't think that SMR in a security system is a good idea...
  6. F

Amphernol Airmax to standard SFF fanout.

Does anyone know if such a beast exists? I have come across a number of backplanes using Ampernol Airmax connectors to connect the backplane to the equivilent of a 1/2 sized sort of blade server, prime example Dell Powerlogic PS6100XV. Now I know that dell makes a lot of proprietary stuff and...
  7. F

Different Quantities of E5-2690 V2's at different and diminishing prices

Intel Xeon E5-2690 v2 CPU (LGA2011) - 10 Cores, 20 Threads, 3.00GHz $125 USD - one unit 2 X Intel Xeon E5-2690 v2 CPU (LGA2011) - 10 Cores, 20 Threads, 3.00GHz $225 USD - two units 4 X Intel Xeon E5-2690 v2 CPU (LGA2011) - 10 Cores, 20 Threads, 3.00GHz $400 USD - four units 8 X Intel Xeon...
  8. F

Alcatel Omni PCX Network Switches (A12167) $52-$65USD + Postage from NZ

ALCATEL OMNI PCX NETWORK SWITCHES (A12167) $79 Starting price $99 Buy now - no reserve Note these Auctions say pick up only but I live in Christchurch, New Zealand, so if you want to bid do so, I will go and pick them up for you, sort out what the cost to send them to whatever address you want...
  9. F

5x Cisco 800 Series Routers (A12175) $52-$65USD + Postage from NZ

5X CISCO 800 SERIES ROUTERS (A12175) $79 NZD Starting price $99 Buy now. - no reserve Note these Auctions say pick up only but I live in Christchurch, New Zealand, so if you want to bid do so, I will go and pick them up for you, sort out what the cost to send them to whatever address you want...
  10. F

7 x Alcatal Omni PCX Catalyst $52 to $65 USD + Postage from NZ

I don't know if these are of interest but thought I'd throw them out there. Remember NZD is about 1/2 the value of the USD and GBP. 7x ALCATEL OMNI PCX CATALYST 2960 SERIES (A12171) $79 NZD Starting price $99 Buy now. - no reserve Note these Auctions say pick up only but I live in...
  11. F

Mellanox-SX6036-36-Ports-QSFP-FDR

I don't know if you consider these a good deal or not but I did @ 274 USD and free shipping within the US. SX-6036
  12. F

Are these actual Mellanox switches or rebrands.

Being new to this I don't know if these are Mellanox origional or rebrands. Can someone in the know have a look and give me an indication - thanks.
  13. F

Recommendations for 56Gb switch

I am looking to get a fibre switch for my 40 and 56 gb connect X3's, only needs about 10 ports but more is O.K preferrably with as smaller footprint as possible, can I have a list of vendor switches and models to look out for. I already know to be careful about some 3rd party gear like EMC so I...
  14. F

WTB: 1m hard drive power extension cable Male to Female

Quite literally I need 4 x 1m long Male to Female 4 pin Amphernol hard drive power cables. If you have the ability to make them, or know where I can get such an item please let me know. Thank you in advance.
  15. F

Which Supermicro 24 drive backplane

Hi All, I have: 9361-8i HBAs HP SAS Expanders - the large ones. IBM SAS Expanders. Can I have some SuperMicro backplane options please. I want to be able to run upto 24 x 4Tb SAS3 drives in the backplane as either SAS2 or SAS3. It's optional for the backplane to provide it's own expanders, it...
  16. F

Two E5-2640 V3 SR205

Two E5-2640 V3 SR205 Again fully tested 150NZD + postage for the pair.
  17. F

96 GB Worth of DDR3 2Rx4 PC3-10600R-9-12-22

Fully tested via Memtest on a Supermicro X8DTH-IF and X9DRA3-LN4F 300NZD + Postage cost to where ever you are.
  18. F

How hot should DDR3 10600 get?

I have two Supermicro X8DTH-IF's both systems have 96G per CPU. System one has DDR3-14800 RAM and the plain modules don't really feel much warmer than body temperature when running. System two has DDR3-10600 RAM and while the set on the first CPU is the same as the ram on system one, the...
  19. F

Complete Mellanox Confusion... This one has me baffled.

Mod please delete this, sorted it myself after all that
  20. F

40Gb Active fibre

Possibly a stupid question but would a 40gbit active fibre cable from Mellanox work on a 56gbit host adapter at 40gb speed? or will that just not happen.