Search results

1. D

Most durable nvme m.2?

https://www.romexsoftware.com/en-us/primo-cache/example-reduce-ssd-wear.html Came across this, anyone tried it? Was thinking of using Drivepool as destination cache, kinda odd i know to use slower drive, but it should be more ideal cause i read somewhere HDD has better write cycle than SSD I...
  2. D

Most durable nvme m.2?

Thanks for the input dreece, Good idea, but i'm not sure about apps other than chrome e.g sonarr radarr utorrent qbittorrent. I dont think they're optimized for cache relocation yet I've been thinking of symlink'ing those apps to drivepool instead, (or maybe to ramdisk?) I will check...
  3. D

Most durable nvme m.2?

Just tried Procexp and perfmon but they neither seem to be able to monitor which app is writing to C drive exclusively. procexp only monitors total write, and i can't find a way to include apps in perfmon's disk monitoring But based on procexp it seems blue iris sonarr and radarr are the top...
  4. D

Most durable nvme m.2?

Actually total tb written is 64tb for 76 days, that translates into about 0.8tb daily write
  5. D

Most durable nvme m.2?

I did try 970, it failed twice within a year. Anyways, i ran task manager and apparently explorer.exe and system takes the top2 spots. No wonder it killed my 970 twice, it's a server 2019 connected to jbod rack with 200tb, i'm using drivepool. Any thoughts of what could windows possibly do...
  6. D

Most durable nvme m.2?

Thanks will look into it, tried using utorrent only before but it was crashing too often, so i split it into 2 download clients.
  7. D

Most durable nvme m.2?

I got a server running m.2 DC p4511 as OS disk, which has Power loss protection and High Endurance Technology, and from my previous experience with intel SSD drive, HET drive can sustain heavy write But it doesnt seem to be the case for the M.2 version, few hours ago my server crashed, saying...
  8. D

EU HGST 4U SAS3 12GB/s Storage Enclosure 60 bays £299

Any idea if Dell's Cable Management Arm is compatible with this ? It seems to be identical.. can't find HGST's CMA anywhere Put my jbod on a rack and turns out the QSFP cable is longer than i thought, and it's a bit worrying cause its hanging out when i pull / push the rack. Edit : also i did...
  9. D

HBA passthrough best practice

No need to apologize i appreciate your input, but the "internal error" happened on my non-ecc machine, The ECC machine is my spare machine and where i test hyper-v and vmware. I will test it again on my ecc machine. But i doubt it's memory issue since i've seen it posted on some forums, try...
  10. D

Do you have to disable the emulated vga when your gpu is p/t'ed? The principle should be similar to igpu It's not connection problem, sometimes the rdp service needs to be restarted, or else it would show "internal error". Happens like 2-3 times a month, and IPMI is extremely helpful for cases...
  11. D

Update: I decided to give esxi a go first. I thought i'd try something simpler first before trying proxmox. It wasnt exactly a smooth process, had to google some errors, and i had to use specific esxi versions and tweak some settings to get (almost) what i want. Why almost? Well with igpu...
  12. D

How often will i have to troubleshoot through command line with my case for 24/7 usage? I dont mind using command line, as long as they're windows based, which most of my servers are, But linux is, eh.. havent touched it for like 10 years.. wish MS could just get passthrough right with w2021
  13. D

I did some researching but i couldn't find any ways to passthrough Intel UHD, so most likely i'm gonna go ESXI route, Proxmox was on my list, but i'm worried about its stability and i'm not good with command lines tbh (hence why i prefer hyper-v)
  14. D

u.2 drive cooling?

I bought copper heatsink from aliexpress and stick it to the p4610, like this I'm getting 35-38 temp readings, havent tested it under heavy load though
  15. D

Help with LSI 9308-e possibly bricked

Yes, i did several reboots, and wait in between, but it's still the same
  16. D

Help with LSI 9308-e possibly bricked

My LSI card suddenly throw this error after i swap its position in the motherboard : "unable to load avago technologies MPT Bios. MPT bios fault 0Dh encountered at adapter PCI (02h, 00h,00h) i have followed this guide https://www.servethehome.com/flash-lsi-sas-3008-hba-e-g-ibm-m1215-mode/...
  17. D

Hi all, I'm trying to virtualize my 3 servers together and i'm wondering if DDA can achieve this 1. Server 2019 drivepool server connected to HGST 4u60 JBOD rack with LSI 9300 card 2. Server 2019 Diskless ccboot server with Intel dual 10G X520 and U.2 intel ssd 3. Mikrotik server, probably with...
  18. D

u.2 drive cooling?

Hmm airflow is already good i think, with my server case i was getting 40-50ish temp, think i'm gonna stick a copper heatsink onto the drive and see if its make any difference..
  19. D

u.2 drive cooling?

Just ordered a p4610, and based on the what ive read here and from my experience with sn200, u.2 drive requires proper cooling. Would it be a good idea to stick some kind of heatsink / fan on top of the drive?
  20. D

EU Gone - Used 2TB Intel P4600 DC Enterprise AIC HHHL(+FH bracket) SSD - 400 EURO

Hmm i dont know, i learned the hard way with samsung nvme 970 (250gb), i merely using it as OS for emby, blue iris and other light programs. It went down to 61 % in 4-5 months. It's supposed to have 150tbw, i dont think i wrote even 1 tb during those times That's the last time im using samsung...