Search results

1. IamSpartacus

Proxmox iGPU passthrough?

I had no luck. I did check the IOMMU groups and there was nothing else in the group with the Intel Display controller.
  2. IamSpartacus

Proxmox with Mellanox ConnectX-3 + Mikrotik switch (QSFP+)

Thanks yea, I wound up just figuring this out from trial and error. Why is that?
  3. IamSpartacus

WTB [US] Norco RPC-432 or similar 4U short depth chassis

Noctua fans. And yes it was two Optane SSDs. They stayed cool even with no direct air on them.
  4. IamSpartacus

@mimino Tri state NY/NJ/CT area (Westchester to be exact).
  5. IamSpartacus

I'm not attempting to bond them. Just connect two Linux servers together.
  6. IamSpartacus

I found that post too but it unfortunately didn't work for my setup (Intel Xeon E-2246G and SuperMicro X11-SCH-F). This is what my lspci output looks like. root@athens:~# lspci 00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 8th Gen Core Processor Host Bridge/DRAM Registers (rev 07) 00:01.0 PCI bridge...
  7. IamSpartacus

Mikrotik 40Gb Interface Configuration - 4 ports?

Are you suggesting that I bond the four qsfpplus ports (qsfpplus1-1,qsfpplus1-2,qsfpplus1-3,qsfpplus1-4)? I don't have them bonded currently.
  8. IamSpartacus

So I did confirm that my switch qsfpplus ports are configured correctly and the switch does detect the links at 40Gbps but when I do iperf3 testing between hosts connected to the two ports I'm seeing only about 2-3Gbps. I confirmed hw switching is enabled on all the ports to ensure the CPU is...
  9. IamSpartacus

I'm trying to get my Mellanox ConnectX-3 dual 40GbE NIC (already set to Ethernet mode) to work in Proxmox but the system is showing the NICs are not active. Is there a known way to make these cards work in Proxmox? EDIT: Ok I got the NICs to show as active by setting them to auto start...
  10. IamSpartacus

Has anyone successfully passed through their iGPU to a VM in Proxmox? Not finding much info on this.
  11. IamSpartacus

I have a NORCO RPC-431 but I imagine the cost to ship it might make a sale impossible.
  12. IamSpartacus

EPYC! 7452 AIO Home Storage/Media/Virtual Desktop Server

Sorry I have no additional numbers other than what I posted. You'd need to extrapolate from that. My system had 8 sticks of DDR4-3200 RAM, 3 GPU's , an external SAS3 HBA, and a dual 40GbE NIC for reference.
  13. IamSpartacus

EPYC! 7452 AIO Home Storage/Media/Virtual Desktop Server

At the time I posted this with the configuraton as outline in the OP the numbers were as follows: Idle power usage with array disks spun down = 165 watts Idle power usage with all 16 array drives spun up = 225 watts
  14. IamSpartacus

Quad NVMe Drive Cage like this (ICY DOCK) one?

Just to update you guys, I wound up purchasing one of the Intel 2U bays. You can see it in my server here.
  15. IamSpartacus

Thanks for the reply @Patrick . Do you remember if you bonded the 4 ports or just configured them as their own separate interfaces?