Search results

1. F

WTB: 3x 10/40Gbe networking cards + cables

Hello, Before trying to buy on ebay, I am trying my luck here... I am looking to buy three 2x10Gbe (or 2x40Gbe) networking cards with 3 compatibles DAC. Ideally I would like 2 standard-profiles and one low-profile, compatible with Windows Server 2019 and recent Linux. For my usage 10Gbe is...
  2. F

P4510 1TB: Good or bad?

Hi, I only find reviews of the 2TB and 8TB models. the 1TB model seems competitively priced against the older P3600 1.2TB. I could live with "only" 1.92PBW for the endurance.
  3. F

New Optane 900p 280GB

Hi, I just bought a 280GB 900p a bit... impulsively, and I think I would prefer a slightly slower drive with a bigger capacity. So I am looking to trade my 900p vs something like a P3600 or P3700, if possible AIC. I can sell it for $200 shipped in continental US
  4. F

What's your take on Seagate Enterprise "Hybrid" drives?

Seagate ahs some SAS 12Gbps 2.5" spiners (10k and 15k) that have a 32GB sMLC cache. We don't find them a lot used on ebay (yet), and their price are not competitive vs a used enterprise SSD (..yet) But I am intrigued. Does some of you have experience with these drives?
  5. F

Rebuilding my Hyper-V lab... Which SSD to choose?

Hello, I have a spare R720 with a H710p & 64GB of RAM, that I want to use with Hyper-V. It will be mostly Windows Server VMs, about ~8 VMs. Since it will be a small lab, I don't think I will hammer IOPS so much. I'll need at least 400GB I assume (800 would be best, but I want to keep cost...