Search results

1. O

[ESX7] Change SCSI Controller virtual PFSense LSI SAS => pvSCSI

Underlying storage are SSD drives, but through ISCSI to a Synology DS3617xs. The Syno holds 8x1,92TB Micron enterprise SSD in RAID F1 Array.
  2. O

So i can just turn the linux vm's off and change the SCSI controller? And turn them on :)
  3. O

@joddlarn, thanks for that. Obviously i didn't know that. Do you know how i do this with my Nextcloud installation. Which is Ubuntu 18.04 LTS.
  4. O

I am trying to change the SCSI controller of several installed Linux virtual machines. The one i am starting with is PFSense. I have tried the "Windows trick", adding new Hard Disk with Paravirtual SCSI Controller reboot and then change the SCSI controller of the primary Hard Disk. But this...
  5. O

[Hyper-V] replication between two servers over 10Gbit slow

i have got 2 the same Dell R710 servers. Both have got Server 2016 with Hyper-V role installed. And both are in a domain. I would like to use HyperV VM replication between those machines. I am using a direct 10Gbit SPF connection between them. When i use iperf it shows me an average of about...
  6. O

[X9SRL-F] How to disable chassis intrusion

My mistake i meant JL1. I have got a jumper covering both pins, i will try the jumper on one pin. Thanks for testing.
  7. O

Don't see how to be honest. But why isn't a jumper working?
  8. O

i am using a X9SRL-F board with ESX 7. The software keeps complaining chassis intruder alert. I cannot disable this in the BIOS, i have already put a jumper on JPL1. Also cleared the alert in IPMI. Anyone an idea how to disable this alert?
  9. O

[ESX 7.0]Internet not working anymore after VeeAM backup of PFSense

I am running a ESX 7 server with a couple of VM's. I also use vCenter and VeeAM. Running on a SM X9SRL-F, 2690V2, 192GB and and SSD at the moment. Will transfer to synology connect by a 10Gbit Mellanox (SCSI). My problem is when i create a backup of my PFSense VM, after 20 minutes (give of...
  10. O

[FreeNAS] 2 different disks sets 1 pool?

Since i would like to know in advance, what to do when i happens. Would should i do / what happens when a drive fails? How do i identify the faulty drive? Just by checking serial numbers? And if i replace the drive wil the rebuild process start by it self? Does this proces always work or is it...
  11. O

Wauw! i am really happy with the end result! It does about 700/750MB/s (10bit) from the Windows Server (RAID6 12x4TB). I checked my ARC Hit ratio it is around 100. The higher the better right? This is really really more than i expected :) Are there more things i need to setup / fine tune? No...
  12. O

Okee, that does work :P Thanks :) Do i have to create a dataset? Some HowTo's tell me to do that, or can i just go and create a SMB share in the SHARING menu?
  13. O

I still cannot get it done :( So one pool with 2 vDevs. I go to ADD Pool, i selected ALL 16 disks. Then in the right column i selected the 8 x 3TB and created vDev_8x3TB. After that i go to Pools and i click on the Wheel on the right side and i select EXTEND. But then i do not see the 8 x 4 TB...
  14. O

I meant cache so that maybe the 10Gbit could be fully used :)
  15. O

Okee 2 vDevs it is :) What do you think about adding cache will it help performance wise? And are there any useful apps for me to use? Keep in mind the use case. (Backup from the backup)
  16. O

That is/was the original plan. Well in Z1, but Z2 was on the table. Is there a (performance) reason to go with one or two vDEVs? Sizes wise it doesn't really make a difference.
  17. O

Isn't better to create a pool with one vdev? 16x3TB? In Raidz2 i will have 14x3TB space. No i don't have 16 x 3TB disks, so the 4TB disks will be used as 3TB disks.
  18. O

All like that. What would happen to the pool if one of both sets would have problems? Would the whole pool be unavailable? And/or loss of data? I will try to create the pool the way you described :)
  19. O

@Spearfoot, I have added my extra disk now, so it is 8x3TB and 8x4TB. But how do i create 2 vDEVs in one pool? What i do now is i go to Pools, click add pool. Then i see the 16 disks. when i add them all it shows the error of "not the same size" but i can force it te continue. But when it is...
  20. O

@Spearfoot , Yes i would like to use 1 pool, but if 2 pools (and so use two SMB connections instead of one on the Windows Server) would be much faster i might still do this. I don't like splitting the backup in "two" parts, but if it is much faster i might still do it. With 2 pools, i mean...