Search results

1. O

Nonsensical diskspd results on tiered storage spaces volume

I created a multi-resiliency volume in storage spaces using the commands quoted at the end of this post. When I benchmark the resulting volume using Crystal Diskmark I get results that are more or less consistent with my expectations -- about 1,000 MB/s random 4K IO (250,000 IOPS) with 8...
  2. O

Motherboard sitting too low in Supermicro 743 chassis

I'm trying to install a Supermicro X9DRD-7LN4F in a Supermicro 743 chassis, and it is driving me completely crazy. Everything looks fine, but the motherboard is just a hair too low for the PCIe cards to click into place properly. To be clear the slots line up horizontally, but are a tiny bit too...
  3. O

Storage spaces mirror fault tolerance vs raid 10

I've been considering a move to Windows Storage Spaces (single box, not S2D), with 8 HDD in a 4-column mirror configuration. My thought had been that this would provide fault tolerance comparable to RAID 10 ... worst case tolerating 1 failure, best case tolerating 4 failures. But in doing more...
  4. O

Dell VRTX questions

Hi, I'm thinking about condensing my lab / homeprod setup down into a Dell VRTX and had a bunch of questions. Sorry to just spam a bunch of questions... would be very grateful for any help. Not 100% sure this is the right forum, apologies if there is somewhere better to post this. - Is there...