Search results

1. W

WD purple - can it be used for data storage? Yes or No

Yes money is an issue, and it is real waste of money when I have the purple drives lying around, doing nothing, except gathering dust and eventually end up in the dump. I don't mind the purple drive is running at 5400 rpm.:)
  2. W

@mrkrad I forgot to post that I am not using hardware RAID card, but rather using software RAID, like: SnapRAID. Or perhaps I may use unRAID.
  3. W

Hi all, I have got lots of 2TB of WD purple as spare drives kept in my storage box. I want them to be used for my NAS system. No hardware RAID is used for my project. Does anyone recommend it for data storage? (I don't see why I cannot used the purple drives for storing data) I know the WD...
  4. W

[Solved] WD 2TB Black Enterprise WD RE4 HDD SMART attributes

@Wasmachineman_NL , thanks for sharing. Your comment will be a sound of relieve to me. I had concluded there is nothing wrong with the HDD: WDC WD2003FYYS-70W0B0 [Serial No: WD-WMAY05176664] which I recently bought.
  5. W

Thank you for your response so far. Yes, I did a search on the ATA8-ACS in wikipedia, it is just another communication standard. I am going to buy some more of these drives from my local seller later...... but I am hesitated since I saw the difference in the amount of SMART attributes being...
  6. W

When I bought WDC WD2003FYYS-70W0B0 [Serial No: WD-WMAY05176664] recently, I ran it with WD DATA Lifeguard Diagnostic Tool, this hard disk was not installed in the chassis, but left outside the case, with no fan blowing, the temp spiked up to 51 c. So, there is nothing to worry about? You think?
  7. W

Both HDD located at same position in the chassis(one is located top and the other one is located at the bottom), I have 2 fans blowing top & bottom.
  8. W

Ok they both have different Standard, means? Since both HDD got different standard, does it means that one HDD is better than the other?
  9. W

Hi All, Recently I bought a WD 2TB Black Enterprise RE HDD from an IT warehouse online seller, the model is: WDC WD2003FYYS-70W0B0 [Serial No: WD-WMAY05176664] 1-2 years ago, I also bought a WD 2TB Black Enterprise RE HDD from an online 2nd hand seller, the model is WDC WD2003FYYS-02w0B1...