Search results

1. L

What is a HUH72808CLAR8000?

The label on the top of the drive says HUH728080AL4200 but the drive identifies itself as a HUH72808CLAR8000. The physical appearance of the drive is also slightly different from the other HUH728080AL4200 drives I have. The top is polished aluminum with a white label covering about 1/2 the...
  2. L

SR-IOV problem with CX3

I have a Mellanox MCX354A-FCBT (flashed from HP OEM) that I'm running in SR-IOV mode with 8 VFs. The host is using the PF as its primary interface and, at present, I only have one guest running a VF. The guest is experiencing tons of problem with the VF. Connections will run at full speed for...
  3. L

Epyc Rome: Unable to pass-through SATA ports to VM. FLR bug?

I am not having any success passing through any of the built-in peripherals on my Epyc 7502 (SATA or USB). When I start a VM that has the built-in SATA or USB as PCI pass-through devices, I get a sequence of... vfio-pci 0000:45:00.0: not ready 1023ms after FLR; waiting vfio-pci 0000:45:00.0...
  4. L

48 Drive 4U Chassis: IBM Slicestor 3448 aka Chenbro RM43348

TL;DR - Upgraded version of NR40700 with SAS3 (12Gbps) backplanes. Heavy and loud. I recently picked up an IBM Slicestor 3448 (Chenbro RM43348) on eBay. They're currently listed at $595 but the seller accepted my Best Offer which was considerably less. It's definitely more expensive than a...
  5. L

Any way to check SAS link speed from Linux?

Is there a way to query the SAS link speed from Linux? I've checked dmsg and all sorts of places in sysfs but can't find anything that indicates link speed. I have LSI3008 HBAs, backplanes with LSI SAS3x36 expanders, and HGST He8 drives so I should be 12gbps across the board. I would like to...
  6. L

WTB: Norco RL-26 Sliding Rails

Update: My request has been satisfied and I'm no longer looking to buy. I am on the hunt for rails for a Norco 2U chassis. I'm nearly convinced that Norco has gone out of business or is on their way out. There don't appear to be any RL-26 rails for sale at a reasonable price (<$50) and I'd...
  7. L

What dual LGA2011 motherboard is this?

I bought an IBM Slicestor server off eBay and it came with a dual LGA2011 motherboard. I'm not going to use it and would like to know if it has any value. The board doesn't have any identifying marks, as far as I can tell. I don't have any CPUs to put into it so I can't boot it up but the IPMI...
  8. L

DIY PDU with Switched and Metered Ports

I have wanted a PDU with per-port metering for a long time but have never found anything for a price I'd be willing to pay (< $250). I recently came across a category of WiFi based home automation devices that are supported by an open source firmware that I decided to kludge together into a DYI...
  9. L

Disable Emulex OneConnect boot ROM?

I have too many cards with ROMs and was unable to get into the BIOS at all until I disabled the boot ROM of my ConnectX-4. I'd like to disable the ROM of my Emulex OneConnect card too but I can't find any information on how to do it, if it's even possible at all. The card is an OCE14102-NX. I...
  10. L

Crossflash Lenovo CX-4 to Stock Mellanox

I recently received one of these: Mellanox ConnectX-4 CX455A PCIe x16 3.0 100GBe EDR IB VPI QSFP28 MCX455A | eBay It's running a Lenovo firmware and is stuck in IB mode. I'd like to flash it with stock Mellanox firmware. The instructions I found here on crossflashing involve building a...
  11. L

Monoprice 3m QSFP+ DACs for $10.58

$10.58 for a 3m QSFP+ DAC. Coded for Cisco. 3M Cisco Compatible QSFP+ to QSFP+ Copper Direct Attach Cable (DAC) - Monoprice.com I understand that Mellanox is quite tolerant of DAC vendor coding. Any reason why these might not work between a Mellanox switch and card? UPDATE: These do not work...