Search results

1. E

Topton Jasper Lake Quad i225V Mini PC Report

just a little note regarding my power supply the "dajing" power supply with the light up blue led on it's name. I think the efficiency is probably pretty decent? I contrasted with a finsix laptop adapter that I had laying around. Which was marketed as being as fairly efficient. I couldn't...
  2. E

NXP LX2160A - Comedy value postage to sale price ratio

" This listing was ended by the seller because the item was lost or broken. "... first time I've see that one!
  3. E

I ordered a tp-link omada EAP670. It was about $150 and should arrive tomorrow. No personal experience with the product line yet, but it uses 2.5gb POE. on my pixel 6 and pixel 7 phones, I can actually speedtest up to about 919mbps over wifi with a consumer 5ghz Wifi 5 (ax) consumer router...
  4. E

Lenovo ThinkCentre M75n IoT - nano - Athlon Silver 3050e 1.4 GHz - 4 GB $60 offer accepted

already sold out, but it's an adorable unit.
  5. E

18TB Recertified Seagate Exos $189

gross. were those new drives or refurb drives?
  6. E

Samsung PM983 3.84TB M.2 $225

wow that's a big drive. these are 22110 size right?
  7. E

That's weird. I'm using bridged virtio drivers. Doing a speed test.net from a client is about 33% CPU utilization at gigabit speeds. I wonder if that's only virtio/e1000 or something bigger
  8. E

I kept it simple with proxmox and opnnsense. 1 port Linux bridged to virtio for WAN. The other 3 in another bridge for virtio LAN. a couple years ago I experimented with passthrough of the nics. That also worked but didn't seem to have performance benefits. Also opnsense recommends leaving...
  9. E

Samsung PM983a M.2 22110 SSD NVMe PCIe 3.0x4 1.88TB - open box - $125 OBO + free ship

wow I was thinking about buying one of these a couple of years ago, didn't realize they ran so toasty.
  10. E

we should be careful that we are comparing the same benchmark with power consumption. I was running prime95/small, which uses the most power possible and may trigger an AVX clockdown or something. Unfortunately I am no longer running windows so I can't run aida64 myself.
  11. E

that shim factory installed is interesting. maybe it's how they're 'fixing' the problem in quality control? It might be better than no shim at all, but kinda weird. from when I was running windows and testing with prime95/small, and looking at hwinfo: During (short) PL2, the CPU itself was...
  12. E

Oh yeah. Post 657 was your original one. Pretty epic creativity. I will try that if my electrical tape doesn't hold
  13. E

Did yours have my problem where if you screw the 2.5 into the backplate then there's not enough room to plug the cable? If not which chassis style do you have?
  14. E

hey y'all i just got mine in yesterday, the unit has been fun, here's my report. I ordered my n5105 / I226 version from the "YSJMNPC Store". At the time with a small coupon it was slightly less than other options. Around US$162. I ordered it on Oct 14, and received it on Nov 7. I ordered...
  15. E

I believe PL1 is the "burst" initial TDP, and shoudl be higher or equal to PL2.
  16. E

Beware - Emulex 10GbE Virtual Fabric Adapter II x8 PCI-E slot

For windows if you want a button to click to bring the link down/up, try to get the onecommand tools from Broadcoms site. If if that works manually then I outlined how to automate it with windows task scheduler in post 49. I'm still using the card and it still works great. (Sometimes i...
  17. E

congratulations on getting one of the well-fit units!
  18. E

1U Supermicro Server 6x 10GBE RJ45 X10SLH-LN6TF LGA 1150 H3 X10SLH-N6-ST031

I thought the 550's could always handle multi gig?
  19. E

Thanks for the writeup. it's educational to see that the "good" chassis doesn't necessarily have any better contact with the CPU.
  20. E

Storage Crypto ?

I took some time yesterday to figure out docker compose and spun up a storj node. And I saw the common advice about using 1 node per drive. Kind of an interesting project, but it looks like it only fills by about 10GB a day so far, so it's going to take a long time to start producing money.