Search results

1. F

SOLD: 3 * Ruckus R720 wifi access points

sth is being modest about what he's selling. Ideally you'd mount it somewhat centrally on the ceiling to get good coverage. I haven't yet installed mine centrally in my 2300sqft place but below is what I get with my cell phone on the opposite side of the house. Note this is also through the...
  2. F

Wifi Access Points

I can't say; I'm no longer in a position to test that hardware combination. Sorry chief
  3. F

Quiet 16 port switch with 10G uplink

@ewer0012 didn't you have one of these suggested by RTM and ran into issues?
  4. F

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

What did the spare PSUs set you back?
  5. F

Yeah I've been trying to convince myself of a 7250-48p instead as the power usage is lower and I have no realistic need for 40gbe... The seller is currently trying to convince me that the non-functional ports just needs to be enabled in software... Yeah dude, the whole switch is enabled except...
  6. F

Ah, nevermind. Bunch of dead ports. First time I've been burned in eBay in a decade. Beware that seller I guess as they claim it was fully tested. Damage didn't happen in shipping. It was very well packaged and the box is intact.
  7. F

Imgur Seems the damage is only on the outside plate of the ports. No signs of stress internally. The port blocks are all straight.
  8. F

townsenddeals on eBay They've offered a return or partial refund. Depending on how much they'd refund (assuming it's fully functional) I may keep it.
  9. F

Received my 6610-48p from eBay today. I'm a bit miffed that it arrived with damaged ports (not from shipping) without being disclosed before purchasing Imgur
  10. F

Overkill? How do you like my brackets out of bar stock? Imgur
  11. F

I have a 3 axis CNC at my disposal if that helps...
  12. F

Are there 2.5GBase-T SFP+ modules?

Without the big boys tools it's more a matter of sticking an AP in a location and seeing how the coverage is. Impressively large house if you need multiple APs
  13. F

30 watts comes up a bit short for some newer APs
  14. F

They'll impact negotiations. All my ubiquiti injectors have failed down to 100mbps, for example.
  15. F

Finding PoE injectors with sufficient power isn't too hard. Finding one that'll do .11at and 2.5 or 5gbps is something I failed at
  16. F

Wow, they're inexpensive.
  17. F

Which AP, out of curiosity?
  18. F

1.6TB Intel S3510 under $300

For me they just aren't large enough. It seems silly that SSD capacity had been so stagnant.
  19. F

Yes. All their APs which support Unleashed from the factory can be flashed with Unleashed firmware at no cost. Ruckus provides the firmware on their site.
  20. F

I'm surprised these haven't gained more attention. These APs are as close as you get to a wired connection over the air. I love mine