Search results

1. S

Finally: Overclocking EPYC Rome ES

I have lots of hours of high duty cycle run time at ~3.4-3.5 GHz on a 32 core QS (-04) Actually It's now my smallest machine and I'm debating liquidating it, I should have bought a pair but I tiptoed in.
  2. S

Canada Kijiji - Toronto - 1000 CAD - SuperMicro X11DPG-QT mobo with 2x Xeon Silver & 512GB DDR4 (5+ available)

No, I contacted the seller, made them verify some things. The RAM and SSDs were stripped and he was unaware. Its just CPUs, boards, a mix of 4u and 2u coolers, and some used power supplies. I'm still speaking with him as I still have some interest, but I mostly wanted the RAM. He updated his ad...
  3. S

Gigabyte MZ72-HB0 rev. 4.0

Mirrormax that was going to be the next attempt, uefi update, but the only CPUs I had to do it with were in production use actively working, and water cooled. The headache of taking it apart etc... I have a bunch of other's that wouldnt work a single -04 Rome QS that wont boot unless you have...
  4. S

WTB: Cheap EPYC or Threadripper bundle or parts

I have a 16 core Gen 1 I'd like got for $100 with free shipping. I also have 8x8 GB DDR4 2400 Supermicro 4U active cooler.
  5. S

You can either update via "web upload" where you browse for the file on your local computer then click upload. Easiest and you would think it should work... Or you can setup a TFTP server, which is like passwordless ftp for file transfer. Then tell the BMC what the server address and update...
  6. S

Update for some future sad soul in my situation. I was able to update my MZ72-HB0 Rev 1 bios to Rev 3, and boot my Rev 1.1 board with Milan-X I failed so many flashing attempts, even ones from the right bios series, before I tried TFTP and that worked.
  7. S

AMD EPYC Genoa Gaps Intel Xeon in Stunning Fashion

I'm having the same thoughts and concerns. I could maybe see a single socket board thats usable for workstations, potentially not even sized for all 400W, but I can't see a 2x400W 24 memory channel workstation existing at all. Which is a shame, I would be pushing that so hard.
  8. S

Any users here do cross border purchasing & shipping?

crossborderpickups: ive sent tends of thousands of dollars of equipment through here, never once had a problem. Only issue is new york state tax which makes it unpalletable at a certain cost if they are collecting tax (like ebay). stackery: kind of pricey to reship, but it comes to your door...
  9. S

US - STH Perpetual Freebies Thread

It's like 20-25 USD, but you can get multiple.
  10. S

Eaton EMA111-10 $77+shipping

The one I kept for myself I ended up giving up because I moved my whole lab to 240V. I was using so many UPSs and circuits I eventually decided to consolidate with a 10kVA 240V UPS and one massive (dumb) PDU. I'm happy with the 240V move, but I lost all monitoring capability unfortunately.
  11. S

I don't know. Cheers!
  12. S

Task manager isn't even reliable anyways, it doesn't appreciate that cores can run at different speeds. I would use HWinfo64 to inspect individual clock speeds, but then one must also consider clock stretching. https://skatterbencher.com/amd-precision-boost-overdrive-2/ Clock Stretching is a...
  13. S

Dual EPYC 7742s for 3D Rendering (part of a Render Farm)

I've also heard that Cinebench really doesn't scale well to 256 threads so it might be under-representing what dual 64 core CPUs are capable of compared to a bunch of smaller systems.
  14. S

US - STH Perpetual Freebies Thread

Are you running out of places to store your hundreds of unused Memory Modules? Well look no further. I always used to trash these but apparently there is demand so I started saving them just your you lot. Accidentally first posted in EU thread, but they are in Toronto Canada.
  15. S

EU EU - STH Perpetual Freebies Thread

It's a clear lid and black bottom. I stack them separately.
  16. S

EU EU - STH Perpetual Freebies Thread

Are you running out of places to store your hundreds of unused Memory Modules? Well look no further. P.S. I always used to trash these but apparently there is demand so I started saving them just your you lot. EDIT: I'm an idiot I put in EU thread. This is in Canada
  17. S

SuperMicro H11SSL-i M.2 Bootable? (Solved)

Nope, it should boot m.2 NVMe just fine. You could try switching m.2 firmware from AMI Native to Vendor Defined in bios (or vice versa, I forget which is default, and honestly don't even ask me to explain the setting). It's in PCIe section
  18. S

Need some help finding a PSU with four EPS12V

Oh one other trick, most likely each 8 PIN EPS is wired together and not broken out internally as 4 + 4. If you have a lower power build such as yours you can do 4 pin into 8 pin connector and the board wont complain. thus, If you current 8 pin is actually a 4+4 you can split it, and put 4 into...
  19. S

Need some help finding a PSU with four EPS12V

Dont buy a new PSU, you clearly don't need a lot of power for this build and are just dealing with picky firmware and design of the board. Just get pcie to EPS cables. They exist because for some reason tesla cards, like A100, use EPS for power, not PCIe. Normally they connect 2 PCIe to 1 EPS...