Search results

1. R

Fujitsu TX1320 M3 - Cheap low power server (barebone)

I have original caddies and 3d printer, I can check dimensions of original and then if it fits and lock drives in place. Not sure when I find time for it. Which 3d model are we talking about?
  2. R

DL360 Gen10 disabled iLO, fans at 40% constant speed

Recently I acquired DL360 Gen10 and I'm trying to get lowest possible power consumption. I was able to get as low as ~42W idle in OS with 6 ram sticks + ssd in backplane + 1 PSU. Could go even lower if SSD would be connected directly to SATA port. Now I'm trying to disable iLO as it's consuming...
  3. R

I did small research and indeed is not as simple as flashing new BIOS. For new generation CPUs you have to physically modify pins (tape over or something). Anyway, that's not something I would want to run :) But on 20 euro box with a lot of free time, could be nice hobby.
  4. R

It would be amazing to get any 6/8 cores ECC (Xeon E probably) enabled CPU working on that board, but I'm not into this kind of things. If you'll success, please share your experience :)
  5. R

84°C is quite high isn't it? Could fan speed offset help?
  6. R

I just received my v5 xeon. Works without issue. My only note is that you need to wait few boot cycles. In my case I had to wait 4 cycles (boot until fujitsu logo, automatic reboot). On the 5th time it detected 8 logical cores and did show "CPU ERORR - CPU CHANGED" (but happily continued to boot...
  7. R

Not going to sag as it's only holding drive in place. I printed 20 caddies myself for DL380p Gen8, used them with 15k drives and never had an issue. ASA is very good material, it can warp a little, but good strength/weight ratio and very heat resistant. Just beware, it stinks, literally. And...
  8. R

Hm, mine does not ramp up fans. Maybe your nic is among supported ones?
  9. R

Good news indeed! Thank you guys
  10. R

Did you have troubles with temps? Installed HP H221 (flashed with LSI fw) and it runs dangerously hot even while not connected to anything. Drives fan does not change RPMs at all and lm-sensors did not found temp sensor on hba or any fan controls. Just showing core temps.
  11. R

Anybody has good (cheap) source for advanced iRMC licence? :)
  12. R

So my unit just arrived and wanted to post some baselines. Ubuntu server logged in, idle (clean installation, no GUI installed, LCD connected): Configs: Fujitsu TX1320 M3: CPU G4560, 2x8gb 2400 DDR4 unbuffered, Dell R220: CPU 1268L v3, 1x8gb 14900 DDR3 unbuffered Results idle (iRMC/iDRAC not...
  13. R

I found spare parts catalog for M3 and it lists i3-7100 in there. So if you need extra punch in single thread performance but you are OK with 4 threads. and don't want to destroy your wallet on Xeons. catalog: PRIMERGY Illustrated Spares Catalog
  14. R

Regarding you problem with RAM, maintanance manual says that after memory error, you need to reset the error status after replacing memory. Maybe worth the try? Did you have any issues with first PCIe slot (closest to CPU)? Manual states that it's "Dedicated slot for boot controllers". Manual...
  15. R

My humble recommendation is to buy 1 chassis, test the E3 V5 and help the community :P
  16. R

P4610 and 900p together are drawing 10W idle. Very nice.
  17. R

28W idle box with this config: Intel P4610, one 900p, one S3700, E3-1245v6, 4x16G ?
  18. R

230 EUR for 5 units shipped? That's amazing! Congrats.