Search results

1. B

USB dock for testing M.2 NVMe/2.5" SATA

The screenshots of AS SSD show the devices as UASP so it looks like does have support. Seems like the perfect dock for quick testing of drives
  2. B

PiKVM v3.0 / BLiKVM v2.2 "build"

Thanks for this. It's just too bad that it's nearly impossible to find any variant of the RPi4 without a ridiculous markup
  3. B

Ubuntu-22.04 LTS server installer bug?

Can you drop into command line to create the vg, then back to the installer and select that vg?
  4. B

Server 2022 essentials included RDP CAL's?

You can also check for a Microsoft Reseller for the RDP CALs I don't know if you can purchase from them in Australia, but Trusted Tech Team - TrustedTechTeam.com has a 5 pack of 2022 RDP User CALs for $480 USD
  5. B

Beelink GTR5 AMD 5900HX 32GB 500GB $765

Price is currently at $799 - $80 coupon = $719 https://a.co/2s2rtVH
  6. B

Thoughts on T-Mobile 5G Internet?

Slightly off topic, but I use Verizon 5G Home internet service. Save for a period of a month and a half where they screwed something up on their end and I would lose connection for 5-10 seconds multiple times a day, I've been happy. Below is a speedtest I just ran (upload is usually higher, in...
  7. B

Help choosing QSFP switch

Do you have the 40GbE QSFP expansion modules on each of the existing N4064's? If not, you could add those to get the additional 4 QSFP ports that you are looking for. As for stacking additional switches, I don't know that you can stack with anything outside the N4000 series, so you would need...
  8. B

AOC-STGN-I2S (x520) - dual sfp+

Considering that ESXi 7.0 is supported until end of Q1 2025, I don't think most homelab users should be too worried. We know we are buying generations old hardware.
  9. B

AOC-STGN-I2S (x520) - dual sfp+

Of course this pops up almost immediately after I've had an offer accepted and paid $25 for a single port ConnectX-3 But since I really only need the one port, I suppose I got the best thing for me.
  10. B

How do you determine which physical network port software is referring to?

I just ran into this yesterday while trying to troubleshoot something in my setup. On my Brocade ICX6450 I disabled one port at a time and checked the hypervisor to see which one showed as link down. Turns out they were exactly like I expected, but at least I was 100% sure after that.
  11. B

EXSi: HowTo Deactivate SVGA for Passthrough to Linux-Guest

Ok, that is not a configuration that I am familiar with. I don't have a GPU on my 7U3 system, or I'd test out. If I get a chance I can test it on my 6.7 host and see if the same behavior occurs there.
  12. B

Ok, I should have asked if you were trying to do GPU passthrough or just a headless server. But I'm a little confused; are you passing the GPU to the Linux VM or to the Windows VM?
  13. B

I just set up a new VM on ESXi 7U3 (I would think 7U2 should be the same) and svga.present=FALSE works fine for me. svga.present=FALSE 00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 440BX/ZX/DX - 82443BX/ZX/DX Host bridge (rev 01) 00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 440BX/ZX/DX - 82443BX/ZX/DX AGP...
  14. B

Choice of Managed L3 PoE 24Port+ Switch for home with 10GB

Aruba Instant On 1930 - 24 PoE+, 4SPF+ Slots, available in 195W or 370W PoE models Linksys LGS328MPC - 24 PoE+, 4SFP+ Slots, 410W PoE budget -Bad: Just over your $500 budget
  15. B

SM CSE 826 sweet deal

Looks like the seller has two version available now: CSE-826BE1C-R920LPB @ $159.20(Got an offer for $143.28) CSE-826BAC4-R920WB @ $132 Looks like the lower price one has a backplane that supports 8 3.5" SAS-12 plus 4 NVMe
  16. B

TrueNAS SMB Share - files show a different group under Ubuntu (root) vs (myusername) under Windows and TrueNAS

Do you have uid=1000, gid=1000 set as options in your /etc/fstab mount? That is how I get Linux clients to mount with the correct user/group
  17. B

I think I screwed up. Help with Infiniband setup

Which drivers have you tried? According to the driver compatibility matrix at Mellanox WinOF-2: Firmware - Driver Compatibility Matrix the ConnectX-IB is not compatible with the Windows drivers. I might suggest a ConnectX-[34567]
  18. B

SSD is not an option on HPE gen10 plus

Are you sure that the SSDs that you installed into the QM2 are SATA drives? That card does not support NVMe drives.