Search results for query: 5.19 kernel

1. andrea87

Topton Jasper Lake Quad i225V Mini PC Report

For those of you having issues with the i5-1135g7 on Proxmox, which linux kernel and microcode? before restarting I would install the 5.19 kernel and last microcode from Intel. ** kernel 5.19 apt update apt install pve-kernel-5.19 **intel microcode - requires non-free repository enabled in...
  2. T

Thanks I just updated kernel. Time to see if I exceed 3+ days online on pfsense.
  3. S

I'm using the indicated kernel, I even participate in the official forum and I can say that unfortunately the 5.19 kernel doesn't fix the flaws.
  4. N

Can anyone tell me what kernel was installed with a baseline proxmox installation? Also if anyone uses an opnsense with pci passthrough can someone ping it and tell me they ms it takes? upgrading the kernel to 5.19 made my opnsense vm crash for the first time.
  5. B

For info, you can use the official Proxmox repository to upgrade the kernel. It's not at the bleeding edge but it's directly from them. apt update apt install pve-kernel-5.19 reboot https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/opt-in-linux-5-19-kernel-for-proxmox-ve-7-x-available.115090/
  6. G

I second that. 5.19 been rock solid for me as well. BTW, are you running the 5.19.16-1 edge or official 5.19.7-2-pve? I'm on edge at the moment but did like to eventually move to PVE official branch.
  7. B

That's disappointing. I'll have to do some testing when my unit arrives
  8. D

Thank you. It shouldn't be like this, something is wrong at bios level.
  9. B

Got all my hardware installed, proxmox installed and on the latest 5.19 edge kernel. Installing Ubuntu, fedora and opnSense and letting them run for a week to test stability. Also did a memtest before installing proxmox and that was successful.
  10. A

You probably need the 5.19 kernel. There’s a lot of information in this thread about it: link
  11. X

Any idea why VMs on my Topton unit (N6005) wont boot with 6.0 or 6.1 Proxmox kernel ? I can boot from iso to live system but i canot even format vhdd. Under 5.19 works just fine. :rolleyes:
  12. B

I see one or two people reporting stability. Makes me wonder if it's a BIOS setting. CWWK touts proxmox on the product page so it would also be interesting to hear their thoughts on what you're seeing.
  13. W

witch model type you have?
  14. C

I just stumbled onto a thread on the Proxmox forums on this. I'm giving it a go now. On bare metal I didn't experience any issues with the soft reboot/freeze after sustained downloads, so I'm crossing my fingers. Thanks for the reply on this!
  15. Q

Thanks for this it renewed my hope that it can be fixed. Turns out that the problem starts when I passthrough a NIC as a PCI device in the OPNsense VM. Don't know what's going on there. Changing the kernel and updating the microcode probably didn't make a difference. Update: From various...
  16. P

I've been running it for a few days on a couple of N6005 systems (early Topton and r86s) and one J4125. Was hopeful that it would help clean up the instability with C-states enabled but no luck on that. pve-kernel-6.1 appears at least as stable as pve-kernel-5.19 but it doesn't really fix...
  17. B

that's most likely your issue. latest 5.19 kernel has been rock solid with me and I'm running opnSense in Proxmox
  18. S

I gave up. Even with the update to kernel 5.19 it didn't fix it. So I sold my V4 and bought Ryzen. It was sent yesterday.
  19. D

Thanks. I managed to contact CWWK in chat on Aliexpress, super quick to reply but all the technicians were home due to the time difference. Let's see what they come up with tomorrow. By the way, for people overheating: as soon as I got the unit I applied the Arctic MX-4, it sits at 44C with...
  20. G

I have the CWWK N5105 model. I upgraded to the 5.19 kernel in Proxmox some time ago and things ran fairly stable. Could get 2-3 weeks of uptime, but still got the occasional crash. I recently ugpraded to the 6.1 kernel. No crashes yet and sitting around 10 days of uptime at the moment, so not...