Search results

1. AveryFreeman

CrossPost: Domain authentication broken when primary domain controller working alone

Looks like the DC I was referring to as the primary: Name Domain Forest OperationMasterRoles ---- ------ ------ -------------------- 2012DC01 webtool.space webtool.space {SchemaMaster, DomainNamingMaster, PDCEmulator, RIDMaster...} DNS is set to the two...
  2. AveryFreeman

CrossPost: Domain authentication broken when primary domain controller working alone

Hi This is a cross-post -- it crosses two different platforms I was having issues logging into my file server using Windows desktop over 2012r2 IDMU domain. Not sure which platform is having the issue, but I think it's the Windows desktop so I was hoping some Windows people could look at this...
  3. AveryFreeman

Linux accesses OmniOS share as appropriate domain user, Windows does not?!

Hi [edit: I 'solved' this, it's not solved but it's working again - the secondary domain controller was turned off. However, that doesn't account for why the primary domain controller can't authenticate users properly by itself] I've got the weirdest issue that just cropped up and I have no...
  4. AveryFreeman

OmniOS Napp-it server slow after update to r151034

Update: I restarted the init script for napp-it and it appears to be working OK now.
  5. AveryFreeman

OmniOS Napp-it server slow after update to r151034

Hi, I've had a napp-it server since r151028 which I installed via the ova about two years ago I just updated it to r151034 and now napp-it is very slow to load, refresh, etc. I also just updated napp-it to 19.12b10 Is there anything I can do to increase its responsiveness? It's...
  6. AveryFreeman

Napp-It AIO - iSCSI not showing LU in ESXi 5.5U2

I was having this issue, the ESXi initiator could see the iSCSI target on OmniOS, but when I'd rescan for disks it wouldn't see any new devices. I couldn't figure it out for hours. Until I finally realized I had put 'auto' in setting the LUN number with smtfadm I decided to use napp-it for...
  7. AveryFreeman

Supermicro SC836 wouldn't turn on - power distributor (?)

YAY. Yeah I've had to do more maintenance on it since then and with the new PDB the server fires right up. It's almost like I don't have to writhe in terror every time I have to shut it off anymore. Server not turning on is a concerning experience to say the least.
  8. AveryFreeman

That's an interesting process. Sounds helpful. I noticed the computer did have to "warm up" the few times I'd experienced the issue. Seems further indicative of a cap that's not adequately storing electricity. So glad I had that PDB to throw in it.
  9. AveryFreeman

NVME PM963 2.5" 960GB $300

You can do that now... There's a backplane that's half NVMe half SAS. I think I saw it on this board, actually.
  10. AveryFreeman

Hey, so I noticed I couldn't turn on my server (which almost never gets turned off/unpluged) in an SC836 case, but the few times I have turned it off / unplugged it for servicing, sometimes it has trouble turning back on and I couldn't really explain why ... All the cables would be connected...
  11. AveryFreeman

IPMI Viewer KVM Console Color issue

Sorry to hear that! After I responded to your thread, I noticed I wasn't having the same issue on a Windows VM I use as a desktop w/ GPU passthrough. I am only having issues with my Thinkpad running Ubuntu 20.04. Maybe you could try another machine or another version of IPMIView to see if...
  12. AveryFreeman

IPMI Viewer KVM Console Color issue

Did you ever get this resolved? My server just started doing it too - X9SCL-F.
  13. AveryFreeman

nss_ad in OmniOSCE r151030?

It looks very similar: Last login: Mon Jan 6 07:53:35 2020 from 192.168.1.122 OmniOS 5.11 omnios-r151030-77face1d15 November 2019 You have new mail. root@napp-it01:~# ntpdate 6 Jan 08:33:08 ntpdate[18956]: no servers can be used, exiting root@napp-it01:~# ntpdate -d 192.168.1.2 6...
  14. AveryFreeman

It looks like there's another issue with NTP that's complicating things I'm noticing these error messages when I try to log in with an idmapped domain user: You can see ntp is trying to run but doesn't appear to be able to - if I enable it, it still says its offline root@napp-it01:~# svcs...
  15. AveryFreeman

Ohh, interesting But is the connection adequate for logging in using domain users? I have file sharing working fine, I was hoping there'd be a way I could log in using a domain user. # kclient -T ms_ad fails, unfortunately. Thanks for your help Edit: nsswitch.dns and nsswitch.conf are...
  16. AveryFreeman

Hello I'm trying to find the best way to join my OmniOS server to my AD domain network I came across this Oracle page and I was wondering if anything similar exists for OmniOS r151030, etc.? Overview of the nss_ad Naming Service Module - Oracle Solaris Administration: Naming and Directory...
  17. AveryFreeman

Why does OmniOS SMB shares appear to require NIS arg in nsswitch.conf ?

Hi, Not sure if this is a bug, but I was adjusting my nsswitch.conf in OmniOS installation from: passwd: files nis ad group: files nis ad to: passwd: files ad group: files ad because I couldn't edit local users' passwords as root - received error: user is in use (even though user...
  18. AveryFreeman

Looking for recommendations

Your basic 3U or 4U Supermicro EATX case - you won't be disappointed Supermicro CSE-846E1-R900B 4U Server Chassis 2x900W 24-Bay 3Gbps BPN-SAS-846EL1 672042018468 | eBay I have a 2U (8 x 3.5" hotswap) and a 3U 16 x 3.5" hotswap. Got the 3U recently for about $150 shipped, if you shop eBay...
  19. AveryFreeman

PLEASE DELETE: OmniOS: 'zpool set autoexpand=on poolname' not working

Hey, I'm running: SunOS napp-it01 5.11 omnios-r151030-1b80ce3d31 i86pc i386 i86pc illumos Have two z-mirror pools, four 2TB drives each pool, want to replace all 2TB drives with 4TB drives I just ordered. Should be here in a few days, so I'm trying to prepare for when they arrive. I can see...
  20. AveryFreeman

OmniOS: Does OmniOS have man pages?

Oh jeez I'm sorry I think I forgot to hit 'save' when I was editing my post I found out it was pointing to the wrong manpath in my .profile due to a pkgsrc installation Thank you