Search results

1. F

Gigabyte R180-F34 1U Server (2011-3) $94-109 + Shipping

Any idea on compatible rails for this?
  2. F

LSI Mr SAS 9361-8i $199 on ebay, legit?

Legit or not, I bought something completely unrelated from that seller a week or two ago. Had a small issue, but they were very reasonable on the back and forth on messages and I was satisfied with the outcome.
  3. F

3U Supermicro CSE-836TQ Chassis (No caddies and shroud) $145 OBO

dang... in for four. just why not. apparently ordering four of them is only $65 on shipping so...
  4. F

E5-2678v3 - $90

I'm using a 2U active dynatron something or other and tops out at like 75C running cinebench r15 sitting on an open air bench (potentially better with airflow from a midplane). As a follow up, yes, you can flash it over ipmi. It doesn't seem to care about accepting hacked bios or genuine bios...
  5. F

E5-2678v3 - $90

Not sure about power impact, but I did this on X10SRH-CF today with a E5-2666v3 and it now all-turbos to 3.5GHz. Trying to see if there is a way to integrate the maximum effort loader as a DXE in the firmware image. I have no idea if this will flash normally--I used a chip clamp and a Raspberry...
  6. F

Issues formatting 8TB 512e to 4Kn

Hey astrocab. Had a chuckle out of "HIMITSU" for serial number. lol. This is a SAS only thing, not SATA. That's why it doesn't work.
  7. F

SE316M1 firmware?

Anyone have the firmware for these? I know this thing is basically a boat anchor because of its age, but I do actually have a working one that has R02 (2009) firmware. I've read there is R02 (2011) firmware or newer through a lot of googling, but haven't found a way to get it. I think this is...
  8. F

Some SAS Cards

Is passive aggressive commenting helping the forum? Please don't behave like this. Looking at the AOC-S3008L-L8I alone in that list looks like a fine price to me when I search that same card on ebay in addition to 9300-8i/9311-8i. I don't see an issue here.
  9. F

AMD Ryzen 1950x workstation

Can you clarify how this is a great deal?
  10. F

Netapp DS4243 Disk Array Shelf @ $90 shipped

may be beneficial to read my post right before yours. works like a normal DAS with replacement controllers from DELL
  11. F

Netapp DS4243 Disk Array Shelf @ $90 shipped

The guy has sold over a hundred of them. Old listing here: NetApp DS4246 Disk Array Shelf W/ 24x SAS Trays 2x IOM6 SAS Expansion Array | eBay These are noticeably quieter than all of the DAS units I've used before (StorageWorks MSA60/D2600, Rackable Systems SE3016). The trick is to replace...
  12. F

LSI 9460 16i and ToughArmor MB699VP-B

are you using the LSI cables? (yes, you need to do this from what I have found) Cables for RAID Controller Cards and HBAs
  13. F

Info on LSI SAS3408? Got myself a 530-8i on eBay...

>u would be better to get one of those cheap x8 or x16 u.2 nvme only adapter/converter pcie cards assuming bifurcation also, a card that at least in theory can do sata, sas, and nvme on the same card is more handy than a card that can only handle NVMe >but nvme on IT fw? Have you considered ZFS...
  14. F

These add in cards support NVMe, but not out of the box. You need to flash broadcom mixed-mode firmware on it then NVMe will work. It's dog ass slow though... https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/poor-nvme-performance-on-broadcom-9440-8i-lenovo-530-8i.23534/
  15. F

poor nvme performance on broadcom 9440-8i / lenovo 530-8i?

I did flash to stock 9440/9400-8i IT mode. I'm sure it's possible to flash to IR mode by just changing out the firmware file when flashing with storcli and moving the jumpers around on the card (don't have exact steps handy). Is read ahead/WB a thing in non-raid mode? EDIT: Be mindful that...
  16. F

Can confirm that you cannot use the cheap intel cables. I don't know if you have to use the LSI cables, but for sure the intel ones do not work. I have one of the expensive LSI 8643 to direct connect cables (2nd to last in that picture) and it works, but getting terrible performance. See...
  17. F

ZFS Pool Degraded -> Unavail

not familiar with zfs on openindiana, but at least on ZoL you can do (at risk of losing a few transactions): Get all of the drives showing up in lsscsi (or equiv. in openindiana) and: zpool import <poolname> -F -F Recovery mode for a non-importable pool. Attempt to...
  18. F

poor nvme performance on broadcom 9440-8i / lenovo 530-8i?

Intel cable does not work. IDK if other cables will work, but I know from first hand experience that the cheap Intel cables do not function with this card using HBA_9400-8i_Mixed_Profile.bin from HBA 9400-8i Tri-Mode Storage Adapter version 09.00.03.00