Search results

1. fohdeesha

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

There's no physical licenses for the icx7xxx series, it's just a simple command that fully unlocks them for free. It's all covered in the update/config guide linked in the original post of this thread
  2. fohdeesha

Sadly I think a lot of sellers are getting wise to the fact there really is no 1g or 10g version - they're all the same with a well documented and free unlock command
  3. fohdeesha

yeah the ICX7150 is definitely not going anywhere, in fact from what I understand it's their most popular selling ICX model. According to that russian marketing powerpoint that leaked it looks like they're even introducing a "hardened" version of it for industrial applications sometime before...
  4. fohdeesha

Ruckus Wireless as an Unifi alternative?

Phew, I was going to say. After actually watching the video linked I realized you're all talking about trunking vlans in/out the extra ethernet ports
  5. fohdeesha

I haven't had time to swap my unifi AP out for this ruckus yet, can you clarify: When you say port profiles, what exactly do you mean? I have an R710, and will need at least 2 SSIDs, one on vlan 10, and one on vlan 20 - will unleashed allow me to do that on an R710? I would really hope so...
  6. fohdeesha

So if you look in the 8095 firmware zip, you'll see a new ICX7550 folder - a product that hasn't been announced. I don't think they meant to include it yet, but I'm not sure. The release notes say that no hardware support is added in this GA release, but 8095a will add ICX7550 support. However...
  7. fohdeesha

here's a mirror of the release notes for people too lazy to make a ruckus acct: https://fohdeesha.com/data/other/brocade/fastiron-08095-releasenotes-1.0.pdf pretty nice stuff added but it's a GA release so expect it to be buggy as hell and break stuff (see the list of known bugs, and those are...
  8. fohdeesha

I haven't tried to see the actual max on a 6450, but on all the other ICX's I've used it's a system setting, and 32 is just the default limit. Looks like the 6610 will let you configure the limit up to 512: ICX1#show default values | inc (mac-filter|Current) System Parameters Default...
  9. fohdeesha

I have to ask - WTF service are you using that is forcing you to do this? I'd like to have a word with their engineers. However you're correct, this isn't really what fastiron was built for. There's some similar-ish mechanisms like what @ske4za posted above, but it's only going to get you 70% of...
  10. fohdeesha

Cisco Nexus 5K...good deals on anything better?

heh good to know, I honestly don't remember where I got the version notes
  11. fohdeesha

if there's no config files it doesn't attempt to recreate any, it won't write a config until you configure the switch somehow and do "write mem". It seems like it's freezing up when it's trying to initialize the ASIC which is not a good sign (CPSS is Marvell's ASIC driver/SDK interface, Core...
  12. fohdeesha

Modding/upgrading Arista switches?

it shouldn't, just be aware at least the last time we all tried this a few pages back with 4.21.x (installed EOS to a faster drive), a lot of random commands no longer worked, it seemed a lot of the python scripts behind the commands had absolute instead of relative paths to the old USB DOM...
  13. fohdeesha

#EOS 4.14.X AND ABOVE: enable conf t service unsupported-transceiver wiprolabs f5047577 #OR (pick one): service unsupported-transceiver EMC 677096c7 write mem #old method (for EOS versions before 4.14) localhost>enable localhost#bash [admin@localhost ~]$ touch /mnt/flash/enable3px...
  14. fohdeesha

I've been holding off on updating the guide to use 8030u as initially the brocade subreddit and the ICX usergroup on Ruckus's support site kept giving vague reports that it was "buggy" and to just stay on 8030t. However I've been running it at home and in production for about a month now and...
  15. fohdeesha

Modding/upgrading Arista switches?

here are my notes on formatting and installing to M2, aboot didn't have an issue seeing it after formatting it ext4 within eos: ## FORMAT M2 enable bash sudo umount /mnt/drive sudo mkfs.ext4 /dev/sda exit reload (save and confirm changes) ##/mnt/drive will now exist in aboot and EOS ##(below...
  16. fohdeesha

there's an unlock code that enables third party optics in EOS, just PM me if anyone needs it
  17. fohdeesha

sfp+ modules not working in new network card

intel is really cool and vendor locks optics. you'll need some intel branded or coded SFP+ modules
  18. fohdeesha

wait a few minutes. at that point it takes like another 2 or 3 minutes to boot and it won't have any output
  19. fohdeesha

since even the release notes annoyingly require a login: https://fohdeesha.com/data/other/brocade/200.9-rl.pdf lots of new features
  20. fohdeesha

200.9 finally hit their website, you can use the same link above. click any of them and it'll have a link to the release notes