Search results for query: bifurcation

1. J

AOC-SLG3-2M2 to Bifurcate or not Bifurcate on X9DRi-LN4F+

...However I have read on this forum that one NVME would work but two drives at the same time would not work since pcie slot needs Bifurcation to split the 8 lanes into 4 separate lanes. I checked the manual and found that there is Bifurcation control. Does this mean the AOC-SLG3-2M2 would work...
  2. K

Bifurcation Splitter/Riser

I am looking for any possible options for bifurcation splitters/risers. I would these Bifurcated risers, but the cost of shipping and taxes to the US is a killer. I also found these guys, but I dont see where items can be bought or pricing: IOI Technology Corporation | PCI Express | SATA |...
  3. Z

X9SCM-F PCIe Bifurcation

Does anyone know if any of the slots on the X9SCM-F board or its variants supports bifurcation in any bios revision? If not, does anyone have an aftermarket bios that does support bifurcation? (Looking to use an x8 pcie slot for dual NVMe drives)
  4. N

small pcie to nmve dual card with bifurcation?

Hi all! I'm looking for a 150mm length 8x pcie to dual nmve card that has bifurcation? I've only a small space, and no bifurcation on the motherboard.
  5. A

PCIe Bifurcation functions and possibilities

...it may very well apply to more than I know, so I apologize in advance for this hypothetical, as I am trying to better understand the Bifurcation option(s) on my Desktop board. While I understand that Bifurcation on a motherboard (without applying to risers) is capable of assigning PCIe lanes...
  6. nabsltd

SuperMicro X9SRL slot bifurcation

With version 3.3 of the BIOS, the X9SRL supports bifurcation. But, it's not just bifurcation...it's actually re-arrangement of the PCIe lanes. Every slot seems to have all PCIe lanes wired to it, even if the active slot width when the board was made (and bifurcation wasn't really a thought) was...
  7. D

EPYC3251D4I-2T - PCIe Bifurcation

...has single x16 PCIe slot and I would like to attach ASUS Hyper M.2 x16 to it which gives me 4 extra nvme slots. This setup requires PCIe bifurcation. I can’t find in manual neither in the internet. Does this motherboard support PCIe bifurcation? There is nothing obvious on manual but I...
  8. R

x10 Bifurcation support

I was totally astonished/overjoyed just now when I was updating a X10SRL-F to the latest Bios ... SM silently added bifurcation support for non Xeon-D x10 boards... - just had to share :)
  9. T

X9DRL-iF anyone had success bifurcating?

Did anyone have success bifurcating an X9DRL-iF to use with dual/quad NVME(s)?
  10. M

Supermicro X9DRT-F, PCI-E Bifurcation?

The manual indicates Bifurcation is supported, and details the BIOS menu for it. But when I enter that menu, the Bifurcation control entry is black and I can't "select" it. "CPU1 Slot1 PCI-E 3.0 x16 Link Speed" only gives selections of GEN1, GEN2 or GEN3. The motherboard has a single PCI-E...
  11. zer0sum

Supermicro X9SRL-F Bifurcation slot layout?

I might be missing something really obvious here, but has anyone worked out Bifurcation on the X9SRL-F? I see the options in the BIOS, but it's not really clear to me how it all works!? This is with maximum bifurcation: This is minimum:
  12. L

Supported PCIe Bifurcation modes on Epyc3000

I've got a Supermicro M11SDV board that has the single PCIe 16x slot. The options in the BIOS for bifurcation are: 1. Auto 2. x8x8 3. x4x4x4x4 What I'm trying to find out is if the SOC will actually support x8x4x4 bifurcation, as I'd like to run a pair of NVME drives off two sets of x4 and a...
  13. E

SuperMicro X10SRH-CF no PCI bifurcation in BIOS

I got a SM X10SRH-CH. bios version 2.0b build date 04/14/2017 I seee no bifurcation in BIOS settings, does this mb not support bifurcation ? or do I need to upgrade the BIOS. this is all there is under IIO COnfiguration
  14. C

Bifurcating x16 to 2*x8 Riser Card for M11SDV-8CT-LN4F

...It supports x8/x8 and x4/x4/x4/x4. Possible option may be the RSC-S2-88 from supermicro. Here are all risers. Or a custom solution like this: PCIe Bifurcation - PCI Express bifurcated Riser x8x8 dual GPU dual Slot left | eBay Perhaps someone may help me. Thank you very much! regards, cuco
  15. C

PCIe Bifurcation on Supermicro x9dr7-ln4f

I'm trying to set the pcie bifurcation option on an x16 slot to x4x4x4x4. I've updated to the latest BIOS (3.3) and the options are present in BIOS but when I try to change the option from x16, the only choice is x16. All the other slots are the same - they only have the one option they are...
  16. P

PCIe x16 bifurcation to x4x4x4x4 then mixing Gen2 and Gen3 cards - will all be Gen2 speed?

Does anyone know if the bifurcation specification requires that all the bifurcated channels must have independent timing? That is, if I bifurcate a x16 Gen 3.0 slot into x4x4x4x4 and then plug three Gen3 and one Gen2 cards, will all four cards operate at Gen2 speeds? Thanks!
  17. IamSpartacus

Bifurcation supported MoBos - How to tell

I'm assuming there is a way to tell if PCIe slots on a board support bifurcation without having to check the BIOS. I'm not finding this info in the manuals of motherboards. Is there another term this goes by that I should be looking for?
  18. R

Supermicro X11(S|D)Px bifurcation

...The options are x16 and Auto So after fiddling for a bit I mailed SM support and they sent me back a nifty little manual how to enable bifurcation. Turns out I was not the first (and will not be the last); so I thought I share it. Basically you have to look up the CPU to Slot diagram in...
  19. R

DELL T7920 nvme u.2/m.2/bifurcation problem

Hello, I have DELL T7920 workstation and I have a big question about bifurcation board and pci-e > m.2 adapters for this dell 7920. M.2 adapters or pci-e ssd's works only in 2 slots (see picture), on 7820 situation is the same. Also, bifurcation is not working at all, I managed to see...
  20. M

X10SDV (mini & flex Atx), PCIe x4x4 bifurcation?

Hi all, I might be interested in using this dual M.2 adaptor paired with a Xeon D board. However it requires bifurcation support, x4x4x4x4 (or x4x4x8) for the Mini-ITX or x4x4 for the Flex-ATX. The adaptor is listed as tested for the Flex-ATX (with an obscure "requires BIOS support", which...