Search results

1. C

EXPIRED ebay Intel P3605 1.6TB HHHL - 140 (sold out)-150 (sold out) USD shipped

Bought two myself for cache in my unraid server.
  2. C

Looking for SuperMicro backplane BPN-SAS3-846EL1-N8

@ipreferpie I realize I'm replying to a 4 month old post, but did you get it to work? Looking into a similar setup. Also, did you take any pics for the Backplane before install?
  3. C

Does any one have experience with the Dell SCv3020 units?

This is way later, but we use a SCv3020 flash and plattered setup with SAS as our transport. We have had good performance. We came from an Equallogic 7200RPM NLSAS 1GB iSCSI SAN. The performance has been night and day and so far the SCv3020 has been reliable. Although I think have only...
  4. C

Transition from FreeNAS to UnRAID

I posted this question on the UnRAID forum, in the ZFS for UnRAID section and didn't get a ton of traction. I am looking for advice on how to move to UnRAID, and best practices for ZFS on UnRAID once moved. I am currently running FreeNAS 11.3 and am planning on moving to UnRAID for the better...
  5. C

SOLD - FS: Supermicro X9DRi-LN4F+, 2x Xeon E5-2630L, and 32GB of DDR3 ECC Ram

Prof_G has first, will mark as sold when it goes through.
  6. C

And Dimensions of the shipment is 8.5lbs, 24" x 21" x 7" box. It's a bit big, but it's what my new motherboard shipped in and it's very well padded, so I am reusing it.
  7. C

You are completely right, I'm not sure where I got 12x13
  8. C

X9DRI-LNF4+ is a 12x13" motherboard. According to Supermicro it will fit your chassis, even with the 2x 2.5" rear drive bay installed. https://www.supermicro.com/en/products/chassis/2U/216/SC216BE1C-R920LPB
  9. C

37205, Nashville, TN Ram is 32GB, if you are wondering how many sticks, I will have to look, I think they are 4GB sticks, so 8.
  10. C

For sale is my old motherboard, processors and ram. I know I could probably get more seperating them and selling them on ebay, but I would rather have one and done, sell to someone who will likely use for a home setup and I don't have to worry as much about shipping. I'll take pictures if...
  11. C

BPN-SAS-846TQ Backplane and PWDIS

Right, I am aware of that, otherwise the drive wouldn't power on. My question is, is the backplane making and providing 3.3V on pin 3. If not, I can use drives with PWDIS without issue.
  12. C

BPN-SAS-846TQ Backplane and PWDIS

Hello All, I found a pretty good deal on a 14TB Ultrastar, but i has PWDIS built in. It looks like PWDIS resets the drive by providing 3.3v on Pin 3 of the SATA Power connector. In looking at the specs for the BPN-SAS-846TQ it's supplied power via the old school molex connector, so unless...
  13. C

APC Smart-UPS 1500 Pure-Sine Wave

My boss and a friend of mine had their orders cancelled as well. The reason listed, if you look is “Cancelled by Customer”. I left them a review and contacted Amazon to let them know the order was cancelled by ANTonline without my permission and despite communication from me. I would...
  14. C

Well they just cancelled my order. I had previously said I would wait, I checked with Amazon to make sure they didn't cancel my order before 4/2 when they were likely to ship. They said they wouldn't but inquired with Antonline.com and that likely triggered the cancel. Ugh, hopefully they...
  15. C

So, just FYI to those that ordered. I had previously seen an email from AntOnline that said it's going to be a while, which I forgot about and emailed them this morning. They reminded me of this email and I said I was happy to wait. I called APC to verify that APC didn't have a pile in the...
  16. C

Supermicro 846 cooling of PCI-E HBA controllers?

What are your hard drive temps since the fan wall replacement? I'm considering something similar on my 846, but I worry about not pulling enough through the hard drives. Adam
  17. C

I'm in the same boat, reading their shipping policy leads me to believe they either drop ship or have the worse management of inventory ever. At one point they says that often the packages arrive before their system posts a tracking number for the delivering carrier. That said, as long as I...
  18. C

That's because you missed the window when it was 81.86, it shows earlier in the thread when it went back up to a normal price.
  19. C

I think this varies greatly depending on neighborhood and region. So, in Nashville, my neighborhood uses above the ground power and we tend to have a fairly wooded neighborhood. So, if storms come in violently, power can blip and if a tree falls into the lines we will lose power for a while. I'm...
  20. C

My boss, who ordered maybe 5:45-6:15 Central, received an email from them this morning at 7:00 AM Central saying that shipping was delayed since it was shipping from the manufacturer, and that if time was a concern, it may be wise to cancel. I haven't received anything of the sort from my two...