Search results

1. N

napp-it issues as of late

@gea Thanks gea, Maybe you missed it in my last post, but running /etc/init.d/napp-it stop causes snapshots and presumably snap retention to stop working. Maybe this is where the problem lies. This was with auto.pl still enabled. (it is now disabled in cron, because I am handling the jobs...
  2. N

@gea, I wanted to provide an update to the situation discussed above (It took a while, but I have found the culprit): I took your suggestion to stop napp-it by running /etc/init.d/napp-it stop, but this did not resolve the problem. Also, the snapshot jobs quit operating when stopped this way...
  3. N

@gea I appreciate your checking my sanity! if I do a napp-it stop, what about autojobs. Will they still run? I know that the auto.pl scripts still runs under crontab. I don't need the webserver (GUI) per se, but I need the autojobs to still run. Just haven't followed all the dependencies in...
  4. N

Thanks gea, I did that with the 19.12.b14 system, which never had 21.06 on it, and it did the same thing (en enabled but limited menus). Yes, there is a 04_TLS Email folder and it is populated on all machines. Again, this happened on three machines so it is not a 1 off. Shortly after updating...
  5. N

@gea, I forgot to check email functionality again earlier, but I can now report that release 19.12b14 napp-it email does work on r151038. Only change was backtracking from release 21.06a7.
  6. N

Release 21.06a7 Settings are @ en There is no possibility to switch between menu settings to the right of logout. This is on 3 machines. I did switch back to version 19.12b14 on one machine, and all menu options (incl. TLS email) are there, but still no option to the right of logout. The other...
  7. N

Thanks GEA, but I thought it was implied that I do have the modules installed and updated since I use the same modules. I actually have a script that automatically updates the Perl modules anytime OmniOS is updated. Also, As I explained, there is no longer an enable TLS in menu Jobs > TLS mail...
  8. N

@gea, Currently, I am unsure about napp-it email alerts reliably working. I've had on and off problems in the distant past (OmniTI days) with napp-it email alerts, but I have mitigated it by writing some critical jobs independently of napp-it and eventually a napp-it update fixes the built-in...