Search results

1. J

Need to reset IPMI but no CPU and no POST - Supermicro X11SPM-F

ALLELUIA: I finally got it to work after I got my cheap eBay Xeon Bronze. I managed to reset the IMPI password and upgraded BIOS to 3.4. The 2nd Gen Xeon now works perfect. GOD this thing runs hot. Who needs a cheap Xeon Bronze LOL :)
  2. J

Yes is the 3104. 3200 is second generation LOL
  3. J

I just got a Xeon Bronze on eBay for $100. Who wants a Xeon after I am done with reseting my IPMI and upgrading my BIOS? LOL
  4. J

LOL, I will need a new mobo.... Is ok to live dangerously Naah, I researched, way to involved and not well documented at all. I used to do eeprom flashing for my bimmer in the days.
  5. J

Shoot, I will go eprom flashing in a hard bit. Which spi eeprom flasher you recommend? I am already researching it Something like this? https://www.ebay.com/itm/303957573270?hash=item46c5487e96:g:w0YAAOSw~VxgdU4w
  6. J

Can I ship you the board LOL :) Kidding. I am trying to find a cheap Xeon
  7. J

Yes there is a sticker but only the MAC :) I looked everywhere trust me. I even tried the Metasploit IPMI vulnerability but this system is already patched :) A Penetration Tester's Guide to IPMI and BMCs | Rapid7 Blog
  8. J

That is correct, I have a 2nd generation Xeon and the BIOS 2.0 won't run it :( I wish asked the seller to verify it and update to for me before shipping.
  9. J

I am in a major pickle :( I don't have the IPMI user name and password, default don't work and I need to access the IMPI to upgrade my BIOS so the Xeon CPU I have will be supported. Is chicken and egg situation here. To update the BIOS and support my CPU I need to reset IPMI access, but to...
  10. J

ES Xeon Discussion

O I see. I need memory to do a complete boot, still waiting on my order. I assumed that 3.0 won't work so I downgraded LOL. O well. Thanks much
  11. J

ES Xeon Discussion

So actually is a Xeon Gold 5118 ES according to my BIOS IMPI. I a managed to downgrade my Supermicro X11SPM-F Micro ATX motherboard to 2.1 from 3.0 in order to see this CPU.
  12. J

ES Xeon Discussion

Thanks so very much Sir
  13. J

ES Xeon Discussion

Which one is this one? LOL. Can't find any specs on it or the equivalent? is a an ES QKGL