Search results

1. S

FS: All gone

What was the zfs config and performance like?
  2. S

Best practice or toolkit for estimating cable run lengths?

Most decent cable will also have distance markers on it as well. Just sharpie mark the box with the last one you saw every time you cut some off. That way you have an idea of what's left. It's typically some arbitrary number based on the spool size at the manufacturing plant. So a 1k box might...
  3. S

Best practice or toolkit for estimating cable run lengths?

(ex LV contractor) LodeRunner basically said what I would do to get a baseline estimate for initial quoting. Once framing is closer to finished I would do a site survey with either the general, or the electrical contractor to understand routes (especially where you have to cross firebreaks) to...
  4. S

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

30m. I'd be surprised if there were major issues with all new parts from FS. I'll track down my cleaning supplies and go from there I guess.
  5. S

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Using windows <-> icx6610 via a flashed HP card, FS qsfp optics and a new FS cable, are there any other configs that I'm missing to get this working. I'm seeing tons of input errors on the switch side. SSH@tor>show int ethernet 1/2/1 40GigabitEthernet1/2/1 is up, line protocol is up Port...