Search results

1. X

Hospitality APs for WiFi 6 home wireless? Ruckus H350, Aruba 500H, Extreme AP302W

Thanks for all the feedback guys This is my backup plan and what I do currently at my condo. I could probably just toss one regular AP in the TV stand in the living room and call it a day. The wall plate APs just seemed like an interesting alternative since I'd need switches in the bedrooms...
  2. X

Hospitality APs for WiFi 6 home wireless? Ruckus H350, Aruba 500H, Extreme AP302W

Soon I will be moving into a new townhouse and I am looking for solutions for a new WiFi 6 setup. The developer has run CAT5e to most of the rooms, but only a single drop to each room. Before you ask, no it was not possible to get them to add drops for ceiling mounted APs. I had to pull their...
  3. X

US $192 ($190 BO) Great deal on a Quanta D51B-2U 2u Chassis

It's from Esiso, I used Rich's link in the first post of this thread
  4. X

My chassis finally made it over the border and I picked it up today. Came with rails, all the drive trays, and SAS card. Mine was also in brand new condition, with packaged power cords and plastic film still on the top. Going to populate it later today and see how it compares to my Intel...
  5. X

Sweet, mine should arrive in Washington on Wednesday, then I have to get it forwarded over the border. Hopefully wont take too long though. I'll let you know if I need any of those drive trays :)
  6. X

Maybe that's the case, I just took a quick look at eBay to see what the averages were. But I don't think $39 for 16gb is that unaffordable. Depends how much you need I guess. DDR3 has also been basically obsolete for at least 5 years at this point.
  7. X

It's not that bad, you can find deals if you look. Here's some 16GB DDR4 2133mhz ECC for just $39 ea. A 16GB DDR3 ECC module would only be like $5 or $10 less. You could probably offer less if you're buying bulk too...
  8. X

Thanks so much, I'll let you know how it goes! My Intel box used to be quiet enough, until I threw a GPU in it... Doesn't help that I'm in a 1br condo and it lives in my walk in closet
  9. X

Yes, but Rich's came with rails and sleds. So it's a gamble if you get them or not. I know it's not guaranteed.
  10. X

Offered $175, seller countered $185, accepted. Hopefully the $7 savings doesn't mean they take all the drive sleds out...
  11. X

Supermicro 6028U-TRTP X10DRU-i Barebone $349

I saw there is a non-+ but it is ATX form factor https://www.supermicro.com/en/products/motherboard/X10DRL-i E: Noticed that is X10DRL not X10DRU. I also know nothing about SM naming conventions :p
  12. X

Supermicro 6028U-TRTP X10DRU-i Barebone $349

I'm taking a guess that the board is actually X10DRL-i+ and not X10DRL-i? Supports full height full width cards, and can add a 16x riser card AOC-2UR68-i2XS. Couldn't find how much power you can draw from those connectors though.
  13. X

I had a similar issue on my 2U Intel box. Updated to the latest BMC and BIOS which should support v4, but still no dice. Didn't go much further into uncharted territory, I just chalked it up to the board and CPUs being ES. If you manage to get the v4's working on either of your Quantas chassis...
  14. X

Thanks for this, it's very tempting. I haven't seen anything that cheap with two 2011-v3 sockets. I noticed the listing you linked for the SFF chassis says that rails are included, but for the LFF model it says they aren't. I think either way it's a gamble on whether the rails and sleds are...
  15. X

GPU for Intel R2312GL4GS

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm looking for a GPU for my Intel R2312WTTYS, which is almost exactly the same chassis you have. What GPU did you end up getting, if any? It seems pretty difficult to find a modern-ish consumer grade card with rear-facing power inputs and blower fan design...
  16. X

Canada FS: 2620, 2630, 2680, 2697 v3 CPUs

I have some Xeon 2600 v3 CPUs I'm looking to get rid of. Here's what I have 1x 2620 v3 - $70/ea 4x 2630 v3 - $110/ea 7x 2680 v3 - $160/ea 2x 2697 v3 - $350/ea Prices in USD. Not all are tested but I can test if needed. The 2697's are in use right now but I will pull them for a serious offer...
  17. X

Recommendations for 16i card for ESXi

The RAID5 key enables RAID5 for the SW ESRT2 controller. I can already accomplish RAID5 with the onboard SW RSTe controller, but ESXi requires hardware RAID. The CB080 is listed in the compatible products section for the S2600WTT, so I think I'll try to pick one of those up and do some more...
  18. X

The Integrated RAID card could definitely work too, all I have now is 2x mini-SAS on the motherboard. I'd still need expander card, but it would save me a PCI-E slot. The backplane doesn't have any kind of expander "The 12 x drive backplane includes three multi-port mini-SAS cable connectors...
  19. X

I was hoping to keep things as simple as possible and conserve expansion slots, but that's definitely an option. What pair of cards do you think would be a good choice? To be honest, my experience with RAID cards is very limited so I'm trying to gather as much info as I can
  20. X

Hey, I'm looking for a card to put in my Intel R2312WTTYS to make use of all 12x 3.5" bays and 2x 2.5" bays for use with ESXi. My goal is to consolidate as much as possible into this one box, compute & storage. Ideally I'd be looking for a single 16i card instead of two 8i cards to turn all 12...